Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 410 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many of you guys are using the Striker Control Device from Tau Development Group? I'm pretty sold on the concept and I think there is no reason not to add these. There is no negative effect to the trigger press in any way and it adds an additional layer of safety. This is especially helpful for appendix carry. Check out the review and let me know what you think.

View: https://youtu.be/RifIIgflc1c

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Don't yet have one-but am thinking about it for my HD Gen 5 G19. The gadget has been in use for years. If anyone knows of an instance where it created a weapon failure I think were would have heard about it.

As for usnret's statement about learning to holster properly...well...stuff happens. Really. An added layer of safety is not a problem.

·
MacGyver
7,579 Posts
I tried it...worthless gimmick--the thumb in extended position (hitchiker) is not strong enough to prevent the trigger finger from pulling the trigger.

Also inhibits you from learning trigger finger discipline, and proper re-holstering caution.
Reholstering in appendix condition is not a good idea.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I’ve used one for over 10k rounds. It works great. Does not affect trigger press and is very reassuring when going back to holster in appendix carry. I’ve got one on my g34, one on my g19 both gen 4s and one on my newish g48. No issues other than price.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Although perhaps extremely contrived, it could be argued that it could pose a problem in certain contact shooting situations were either the attacker has a hand on your weapon or you’re in a very precarious position and must physically force or hold the gun into battery. Instead of getting one shot off, you get none. I have actually come across a couple of reported incidents over the years of the latter scenario involving LEO’s.

Maybe so remote a possibility to be of much concern, but I still like to retain the option and it does add another potential failure point and liability that I don’t want or feel I need when weighing the possible benefits, actual need for it and cost.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Keep your finger off the trigger no matter what holster position you draw from. The real problem with any aftermarket gizmo is it may prevent the weapon from firing. Now you have a much bigger problem.

·
Premium Member
10,862 Posts
Does it ever stop with the aftermarket crap that people will buy?
Just look at prices on trigger stuff, etc, and why would anyone shell out $100 plus is beyond me.
Keep it simple and stock.
It's the same everywhere...they screw it all up...

...then wonder just WHY it doesn't 'work right' and breaks...yea, blame the manufacturer...

·
Registered
466 Posts
Gimmick! Don't put **** on your gun that affects reliability of the fire control system. Learn how to holster your gun properly and your probably won't have an issue.
How does it affect reliability exactly?

I tried it...worthless gimmick--the thumb in extended position (hitchiker) is not strong enough to prevent the trigger finger from pulling the trigger.
I don't think that the designers envisioned anyone using it in that manner, nor do I understand why you would.

Although perhaps extremely contrived, it could be argued that it could pose a problem in certain contact shooting situations were either the attacker has a hand on your weapon or you’re in a very precarious position and must physically force or hold the gun into battery. Instead of getting one shot off, you get none. I have actually come across a couple of reported incidents over the years of the latter scenario involving LEO’s.

Maybe so remote a possibility to be of much concern, but I still like to retain the option and it does add another potential failure point and liability that I don’t want or feel I need when weighing the possible benefits, actual need for it and cost.
That scenario does seem very unlikely, especially compared to the odds of a ND. Someone grabbing your gun could just as easily shove the slide out of battery to disable it. I can see how the high cost would turn people away from buying one.

·
G43 Fanboy
1,972 Posts
I’ve been using the SCD in my G42 and G43s and have shot many thousands of rounds. It works exactly as designed without any interference with the gun’s normal operation or firing mechanism at all.

There seem to be a lot of misconceptions and misunderstanding about this device....
Actually it mainly works as a “safety indicator” or “safety signal” by informing you if part of the shirt, draw string, etc. ever gets inside the trigger guard while holstering your Glock. Otherwise it functions exactly like the normal “slide cover plate.”

It is NOT meant to prevent an accidental discharge by itself (and your thumb) or make your sloppy gun handling habit better or worse. It does not inhibits you from learning trigger finger discipline, and proper re-holstering caution. And certainly it is not meant to replace your brain because you still need to use your brain while handling your gun and for many other things in your life. :D

1 - 20 of 410 Posts