close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

stretching it out a bit

Discussion in 'The 21 Club' started by reflex264, Jun 7, 2012.

1. reflex264

reflex264

Yesterday on the way home I cruised one of the farms I am currently killing deer on. I didn't have a rifle with me but had my 21SF with some +p+ 185grs in it.

I saw some deer in some of the fields so I popped a couple rounds to at least scare them. One field seemed to be particularly problematic. I ran them out went to another field and came back only to find deer had went right back in devouring crops.

I popped a round which emptied the field once more. I figured it might be time for some practice to let the deer know it wasn't safe to be there. I set a rock about 8" tall and about 6" wide at 150 yards and another about the same size at 75 yards. I then proceeded to sling some lead. No problem. I hit both of them. The 75 yard shot wasn't even hard. All this with the stock barrel no less. Good enough. reflex264

2. bac1023

bac1023

3. pat701

pat701

Sound like an excuse to poach to me.:wow:

4. reflex264

reflex264

Actualy I don't have to poach. I carry a depredation kill pemit. I prefer not to shoot any more deer during the permit times than I have to. Since I posted this I have turned the gun into a .460 Rowland. I will get out and do some long range target work with it.