Strapped rightward?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Bradley T, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Bradley T

Bradley T

Was wondering if anyone who shoots left and low ever tried to switch the back straps in order move the point of impact rightward? Been thinking of trying it, but hate to drive out pins til I have to. Thought I'd see what the GLOCK community would say about it first.

2. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

I don’t think trigger reach realistically has an effect. What does have an effect is sympathetically squeezing booger-pickers #2,3, and 4 when you should only be squeezing #1. Many aspects of shooting a handgun well are essentially a fight against biology. We’re hard-wired to squeeze all fingers in concert, not the trigger finger in isolation.

Driving a pin out is a 15 second operation, and it surely won’t hurt to try. I think practicing and experimenting with dryfire and livefire is likely to yield better results.

And if that doesn’t work, I hear there’s a new locking block that does miracles for shots thrown to the left...... ;)

quasii and Bradley T like this.

3. fastbolt

fastbolt

Unless you're having problems with reach and front/back girth that can be corrected with a backstrap change, and/or your rear sight is shoved all the way to the left ... most right-handed shooters experiencing low/left hits can be taught to correct it by trigger finger placement, control of their trigger press and stopping an unconscious anticipatory flinch at trigger "break".

It's not uncommon for someone to not realize there may be problems with their trigger press control and unconscious flinch until someone can load their magazines for them, slipping in a couple of dummy rounds among the real rounds.

The trick, then, of course, is to shoot in their "normal" manner, meaning not concentrating on expecting to find the dummy rounds.

Once someone hears - without expecting it - a CLICK instead of a bang, and can see and feel for themselves their unconscious downward dip of the muzzle to "fight" recoil, and the leftward clench of the trigger as their trigger breaks ... without being distracted by expected recoil ... they can usually learn to accept what's really happening and learn to correct the issues involved.

Bradley T likes this.
  4. sciolist

sciolist On the Border

We're also hard-wired to eat all day and boink everything in sight. But turns out you can get better overall results if you study the problem and apply yourself a bit.

quasii and Mr Meeseeks like this.
  5. MajorD

MajorD

If you optimally apply the fundamentals to a gun that does not fit you you will be accurate. If you apply the fundamentals to a gun that fits you you will be accurate, it will just be easier to get there.
    If you can apply the fundamentals the best you can, any gun you pick up ( barring some catastrophic problem ) will shoot pretty well.