Strangers in the house

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by rohanreginald, Feb 13, 2010.

1. rohanreginald

rohanreginald Novice

a coupe of weeks ago, my whole family was sitting down for dinner. My son (four years old) suddenly says "dad who is in the hallway". Everyone was at the table. We thought it was odd but my wife and I just let it go.

Yesterday, my wife calls me at work to tell me that my son just saw someone walk into our bedroom. He is absolutely sure he saw someone. My dog has acted strange also in the same part of the house, like he was reacting to someone.

This house is relatively new and we are the first owners. Do kids and dogs see things we can't?

2. G30SF/F-250

G30SF/F-250 Pinky Out Platinum Member

PA to LA to NY to FL to IL to VA to GA to OH to FL

3. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt Enslaved in IL

Time to call TAPS.

4. Zonny

Zonny

Dead people.

5. wolf19r

wolf19r Problem Solved!

Dogs can sense thing out of our range but kids I don't know. That's really strange. I'd put a web cam or video camera up and see if you catch anything strange.

6. whitetiger7653

whitetiger7653 NRA Life Member

Yes they can or they are seeing someone that has escaped you. Is it possible someone has snuck in and sneaking around? Have you checked your attic, basement, non-used rooms lately? I'd do a good thorough sweep of the house checking everywhere to make sure there are no unwanted guests.

Second thing is I do believe in ghosts and spirits. It is possible they are seeing one. If there is one in your house don't screw with it. None have ever bothered me in our old house. Just leave them be and they shouldn't bother you.

7. speedydave

speedydave KoolAid Drinker

Did you change locks when you bought the house?

8. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

Jeeze. Reading this just gave me chills.

[​IMG]

9. glockrod

glockrod NRA-Endow. Life

I remember seeing somewhere that young children are more apt to see them because they are more open minded.

Is the house old, did someone die there, is is built on an old cemetary(alright the last one was just to freak you out).

See if it could possibly be something real first, then question the kid a little closer. He may not be crazy(this by no means has anything with being related to you LOL).

For the record, I dont believe in ghosts, but I certainly have experienced some things that have made me question that thought.

Rod

10. 2afreedom

2afreedom

If the kid says the guy looks like Bruce Willis you have a gold mine on your hands. Get him to Hollywood immediately :tongueout:

Kidding of course. I have no idea what to suggest. I seriously doubt there is someone in your house for any length of time and you don't know it. Imaginary friends? Ghosts? I dont know.

11. Ordell Robbie

Ordell Robbie Giant Member

12. keninnavarre

keninnavarre bulletproof

Tagged for after dark.

13. Sw1tch

Sw1tch

I agree. Ghosts or real people, don't know which one I would rather have in my house! :wow:

14. Smashy

Smashy

15. kahrcarrier

kahrcarrier FAHRENHEIT

I would check out my home thoroughly. Someone could be possibly hiding or lurking.

Ghosts? Spirits?

Naw. Not there. Good for a story or two, though.

If they can walk around in your house, they can get your keys and drive your car around the block.

They don't. They won't.

No ghosts.

16. Swiper

Swiper

I'm sure that dogs have a sixth sense. As a kid I had a dog who could predict when we were coming home from vacation (he was staying with grandma). We did not tell when we would come back and pick the dog up but grandma was always able to tell by the behavior of our dog. He would always jump up on a chair next to the window and start looking for us (he wouldn't do it on any other day). So when the dog did that she would always start making a 'welcome homer dinner" for us.

One time, grandma and grandpa took our dog with them going to our house to water the plants. Halfway to our house, the dog started to become restless, bark, and growl. They got surprised and worried about his behavior so they decided to turn around and go home. As soon as they turned the car around the dog laid down and went back to sleep. They were convinced that the dog was sensing something bad about to happen.

He was always extremely friendly and loved people. But one guest to our house he did not like. He followed behind the guest growling and clearly showed hostility. Only happened to that person and never again to anyone else. My mom said that after that she was never able to trust that guest again (despite having no knowledge about misconduct).

17. E-2-E

E-2-E Long Trail

Cool. Set up a cam.

18. Smashy

Smashy

There was an article posted here not long ago about a person who had been living in a crawl space in someone's home and was raiding the fridge at night. The person found out about it by setting up a hidden video camera. I searched but I couldn't find the thread.

19. lee2

lee2

sit you son down and talk to him.

20. Mikey.Dunn

Mikey.Dunn

And then try to make it angry until it starts slamming doors and leaving foot prints in your bedroom.