close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Strange wear on my Glock 26 frame, is this normal?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by afultz075, Jun 4, 2011.

1. afultz075

afultz075

Picked up this Glock 26 used the other week and noticed that it has an area inside the frame where the recoil spring assembly is causing a tiny bit of scraping inside the frame. Just wondering if this is normal/anything to worry about?
    [​IMG]

2. afultz075

afultz075

3. Snapper2

Snapper2

I'm having the same type of wear from the recoil spring in my g23. I'd keep the high spots shaved off and keep shooting it. Keep an eye on it.

4. 19Glock19

19Glock19

My Gen4 27 has the same wear marks from the recoil assembly... Not to worry, it's normal...

5. Wooderson76

Wooderson76

My G26 gen3 build date Oct 2003 has had that same wear mark ever since i could remember.....just shoot the hell out of it!!!!!

6. Glock 17L

Glock 17L *GLOCKAHOLIC*

I agree, It's normal as the G26s recoil rod assembly is metal in the rear & scrapes the frame there some..
    My 12 year old G26 has a few marks on the sides were metal is exposed in the frame..
    It always been 100% & never had a failure ever..

7. 125K9

125K9

I had an early 3rd. gen. G26 that I'd put a Wolff recoil rod/spring in and it actually looked worse, much worse, than yours. Wolff hadn't had their G26 stuff out very long at that time and seeing the pictures that I'd sent them concerned them enough to pay both ways for me to ship the frame to them. They examined it and advised that they were sending it on to Glock for a final determination. If Glock told them to replace the frame, Wolff said that they would. Glock sent the frame back to me saying that the wear was "normal wear and tear."
    I kept the pistol for another two years and shot it regularly. The problem never got any worse. Finally sold the pistol only because I'd never really liked it in the first place. Just didn't really see the need in keeping it as my G19 could do everything the 26 did, and better.
    I'd advise, like the others, to just keep an eye on it and keep it smoothed down until it quits wearing, if it hasn't already.
    Something I learned MANY years ago, after being told the same thing by an ole guy on this board named WalterGA.(I think I remembered that right?) If your Glock goes BANG everytime you pull the trigger quit worrying about it! It wasn't in my nature as I generally obsess over my firearms, but darn it, he was correct. Keep it maintained and don't fret about the rest.

8. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

No, that is not normal. You should be able to shoot 10,000 rounds through that gun and not be able to see one mark/scratch/anything.

:whistling:

9. SARGENT AT ARMS

SARGENT AT ARMS G22gen3 G19gen4

My G19 Gen4 has the same marks on it too. I Just noticed them yesterday and was going to say something on here about it.

10. H&K 4 LIFE

H&K 4 LIFE Leonum A Ignis

Normal. The frame of my G26 looks the same.

11. De_Santi

De_Santi

Yes normal mine look the exact same

12. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

13. mr.26

mr.26

Ummmm my 26 has no such ware

14. jerry895

jerry895

Just checked my Gen 4 26 and no wear at all, I don't think the spring even touches the frame. Only 350 rounds thru it.

15. redbaron007

redbaron007 Some Dude Lifetime Member

No sweat!

Now........Go Forth & Go Bang!!

:wavey:

red

16. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

If you're talking about the part in the top box, that's common (minor) damage that comes from incorrect assembly.

[​IMG]

If the user fails to push the rear of the recoil rod assembly all the way into the round notch before installing the slide onto the frame, the edge of the rod can scrape the frame there.

The recoil rod assembly has to be pushed all the way into the round notch on the barrel lug every time the slide comes off the frame.....even if the assembly is not removed from the slide.

17. guns54

guns54 toni

Listen to what butch is telling you,If any one knows, Its him, For sure.Have a safe and nice day,Butch.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  18. guns54

guns54 toni

I have never seen one that bad.

19. nraman

nraman

The spring only touches those areas during assembly/disassembly. If it it is not installed on the barrel properly during assembly and when the pistol is disassembled and the spring has to transition from the frame where it normally sits during operation back to the barrel. If it doesn't sit centered all the way up on the barrel again, it can scrape a bit.
    It happened on my G26, runs like a clock. Great gun.
    One thing people miss is that the only time the spring is attached to the barrel is for assembly/disassembly. As the slide is installed, the rear part of the spring hits the frame and stays with the frame, just a moment before the slide is completely installed.

20. Shasta McNasty

Shasta McNasty

true, incorrect assembly can cause that if you don't place the recoil assembly into the half circle groove under the barrel, but it also happens when assembled properly by way of contact between the recoil assembly and frame during firing.

i've got these marks on both my gen3 and gen4, both always assembled properly :)