Strange thing just happened at the gas station...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Critch, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Capone

Capone

pgg00 likes this.
  2. Detectorist

Detectorist

Lots of folks on here have.no idea how dangerous gas stations can be.

3. Colt M-4

Colt M-4 AK-74 Silver Member

nice_puppy.gif I saw it in a movie or maybe it was at that Sunoco station in Wi. or was it standard in Chicago...I forget, Anyhow they will never do that again.

4. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Dang what a idiot. Shoots his buddies girl, DRT two innocent people in a car DRT, and shoots 3rd person in car, then beats, kicks the crap out of him. Poster child for anti gunners. Made everything 100x worse. Hope he spent a long time in prison.

JohnnyE likes this.
  5. LinuxLover

LinuxLover Ba-nan-nah-nuh

I asked a county sheriff and a local cop about 'showing' a firearm - and was it 'brandishing'.

They both said NO and it would be a good deterrent to someone trying to strong-arm or rob or rape - or whatever they thought they might do to you.

Montana is also a "Stand Your Ground" and a "Castle Doctrine" state - does that make a difference?

Ramjet38 likes this.
  6. plp

plp

SOP here, according to a couple deputy sheriffs. The dopers know if stopped, the dogs aren't far behind so if they are holding, will be found out and know they will be arrested.

Weed is so common, not worth booking them if it is a small amount. It gets dumped out and everyone goes their way, no harm, no foul. Meth is a different matter, LE's main concern is where they got it, start working up the food chain. And there is a LOT of meth in South Alabama. I've stumbled onto a few labs while working, and call them in immediately. One was apparently pretty big, came back the next day to finish the job, and about 20 people in moon suits were moving boxes and crates out of a shed.

I opted to nope the hell out, called the client, explained the situation, and she agreed, come back another day. She did pay us for the job, but decided not to buy the property.

7. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

Always stick with your “gut” because it will save your butt!!

rick458 and larry_minn like this.
  8. light-switch

light-switch Back to work...

Florida Man? :supergrin:

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

9. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Gold Member

Sounds like somebody covered their ASP.

'Ol Grandad likes this.
  10. Critch

Critch

The instructors all had stories of bad guys getting guns pulled on them and then they would call the cops and file complaints against the homeowner etc...it makes sense, if the situation gets to that point call the law. A number of years ago, I had two confrontations almost back to back. One in St Louis, one in Memphis. In StL 4 young men of the sideways hat club came at me in a hospital parking lot at 2am, I pulled a Browning Hi-Power and aimed it right at them...and told them to not approach me....they took off. I called the campus police, they took my statement and description, (they were all black males wearing NC jackets and caps). That was the last I heard of it. Later that year in Memphis a street person tried to get in my truck at a stop light, me pointing a gun at his head made him rethink it..I didn't have to call the cops, they were watching him. He ran and they tackled him. Apparently there were some complaints that he was getting aggressive...

All of us, from the time we were kids have had that feeling from other people that something bad is about to happen. You just feel that someone is about to be a threat.
    My nephew, just a few years ago was getting off work at 10pm and he stopped at a walk-up ATM outside a store..he said he noticed a woman peering around the corner at him and it made him nervous. He pulled his gun and held it behind his back...she and her boyfriend came around the corner suddenly and stopped when they saw the gun. The woman even yelled at him, "Who brings a gun to an ATM?" My nephew did not call the cops, and the next morning the cops call him and wanted to know what happened, he was on camera. He told them, and then they told him that the woman held another woman at knife point not 30 minutes later and robbed her. So yeah, if it gets to the point where I think there was a threat I'm calling the cops.

11. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

I just knew it! the hyenas were circling the kill...

12. bubbaturbo

bubbaturbo

This place is getting as snarky and "edgy" as arfcom.

13. Z71bill

Z71bill

I just see a huge difference between actually pulling out my gun and just thinking about pulling out my gun.

The part that seems absurd - is call the cops if you even think about pulling your gun.

Sure if I have to pull my gun because I feel my life is in danger - and doing so causes the threat to run away - I could see calling the cops - get the truth on file first.

14. Z71bill

Z71bill

Why I am happy open carry is legal in Texas now -

If you have a gun in a holster and it happens to become visible - I was just OCing --

I think the risk before was small - but even less now.

mike from st pe likes this.
  15. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

A Terry search is for weapons. The stop itself is for reasonable suspicion of criminal activity, weapons or not.

pgg00 likes this.
  16. Critch

Critch

I called a cop friend of mine this morning and he said two young men were stopped near the Casey's I was at for "aggressive panhandling" as he put it, and one was arrested on an outstanding warrant..he didn't say for what...He didn't get into too many specifics but I think this was probably the two punks I encountered.

"Aggressive panhandling" sounds like intimidation to me...

FullClip likes this.
  17. Detectorist

Detectorist

It is intimidation. That's why when I saw those yutes I would throw them off the property.

FullClip likes this.
  18. Lockback

Lockback Polymerlicious!

I think it made sense to do so.

19. kwo

kwo

If you have to show or pull your gun a crime is imitate or already in progress 911 should be on speed dial. JMO

20. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

It may go either way.. i just said i likely would not get police involved. Either decision may be correct.

Do police have time to get in the middle of something that never really happened ??