Strange Problem with Glock 27

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by NightRainFalls, May 30, 2005.

1. NightRainFalls

NightRainFalls

I was at the range Saturday. I fired around forty rounds through my glock, popped in a full mag, released the slide and went home. My girlfriend called just as I was going to clean the gun. I went to her place for the night and when I came back home, I decided to clean my glock. I dropped the mag out, and pulled the slide back to eject the chambered cartridge. The slide would pull back just enough to see the jacket on the round, but not enough to eject it.

I tried several times to extract the cartridge, but the slide would not move back far enough. I finally put the handle of my glock in my bench top vice, pulled the slide back until it stopped, and used a dowel rod to push the cartridge out through the magazine well.

At this point I pulled the trigger, moved the slide back a fraction of an inch, pulled the takedown switch and slid the slide forward off the gun. I examined the slide, the barrell assembly, the recoil spring system and the rails. I couldn't find anything that would cause the slide to stop moving. I cleaned, oiled and reassembled the gun. It now performs flawlessly.

Has anyone here ever had a similar problem? Any ideas what could have caused this?

Thanks,

Dave

2. Guy Powell

Guy Powell Guest

See what kind of trouble women can get one into.;Q

3. Glock-N-Fun

Glock-N-Fun

Don't know for sure,but check your recoil spring assembly,also have you ever done a detailed disassembly of every part in the slide and the frame for a detail cleaning.

4. frankt

frankt

What kind of ammo were you using. Glocks have a tight chamber and it is possible to get a round or even a fired case in there so tight the extractor can not force it out.

I learned this the hard way when I reloaded some ammo and had it happen on several rounds. I could pull the slide back just enough to see brass but that was all. When I got home I removed the barrel and tried dropping rounds in the chamber. Most just dropped in loosely. A few dropped in but needed just a hair to seat. If I pushed them in, I could not get them out with out dropping a dowel in the barrel and tapping them out.

5. JesusQuintana

JesusQuintana

sorta sounds like the problem Im having with my G23.

6. Glock-N-Fun

Glock-N-Fun

Frankt,

Glock barrels are usually not noted to be on the tight side,but stranger stings have happened.If you use a LEE factory crimp die(LFC),and adjust it properly your problems will go away for ever.The LFC resize's as it crimps so the case is supported as the die crimps,which means a very heavy crimp can be done if desired without risking a slight case buldge or collapse.I use the LFC when loading all auto cartidges.

7. NightRainFalls

NightRainFalls

Someone asked what ammo? A Federal hydrashock was the round I couldn't extract. I had been practicing with UMC.

I pushed the unfired round out through the magazine well. I was able to do this because the slide would move back almost far enough to eject the cartridge, but stopped a few millimeter short. When I used a rod to push on the top of the cartridge, it pivoted around the bullet (still just barely in the chamber) and dropped down the well onto the bench top. The slide would still not cycle all the way back, even after the cartridge was removed.

Some one asked if I detail stripped the slide and assembly? Yes I could not find anything that would cause this problem. Something stopped the slide from moving the last 1/4 inch or so. I still can't figure out what. I did the disassembly on white craft paper so I could see anything that dropped out. Nothing.

Dave

8. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

No they don't

9. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

My G33 barrel to slide is very very tight.I picked up a used G27 upper and the barrel fits the slide much looser.My G33 barrel fits the G27 slide just as loosely and the G27 barrel fits my G33 slide tightest of all.