Strange dreams, wtf???

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by glock19_fan, Feb 5, 2010.

1. glock19_fan

glock19_fan ... --- ...

I've been having some strange dreams a few nights in a row, and am wondering wtf is wrong with me.

These dreams invariably involve me getting romantically involved with some young hot chick, falling head over heels in love. When I wake up from my dreams, I have that strange "new love" or "crush" sensation of being in love, and yet there is no one specific that I can think of, that I would be in love with. The feelings will go away after 20-30 minutes, but it sure feels like I've been transported to another body, kind of like the Avatar movie, being in another place, and falling in love with someone new.

Background - I'm happily married, for almost 10 years now. Have wonderful kids and great wife. I have been busting my butt at the gym the last few weeks. This week I stepped it up, enjoying a ton of extra basketball / cardio, and really spent my body working out 4-5 hours playing bball the last few nights. These dreams always follow after my tough workouts. I wonder if that has anything to do with it... :dunno:

Anyone else have these strange types of dreams, especially after a tough workout?

2. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Testosterone... yes I have similar dreams... normal? Maybe... I mean we all are human and as men we all have strong primal desires to mate with multiple women. This is hard wired into our core. We over ride that desire with religion, law and standards in society, but it's still there. Repressed and under the surface. Yes you can be happy and monogamous but the fact is your primal self desires and is driven to spread your seed to as many women as possible.

Women are driven differently in that they are looking for a single male to mate with although there are some that want more than one as well, so as to diversify her portfolio of genetic material to pro-create from. Really there is a whole lot of research on the primal human I think you may find fascinating. I have paraphrased a lot in this post for brevity...

And so in the really short answer, Yes and Yes.

3. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Are you Emo? Do you feel depressed b/c you can't live in the Avatar world? Have you tried getting a swift kick in the heine??? :rofl:

4. glock19_fan

glock19_fan ... --- ...

Ah-ha, that would explain it. Been feeling extra pumped and energetic at the gym all week, able to max out on weights, plus extra endurance for 3-4 hours of 5 on 5 bball the last few days.

Thanks for your explanation! :wavey:

5. glock19_fan

glock19_fan ... --- ...

LOL cranky old man. No, I'm the last thing from Emo. :rofl::rofl:

6. Swerved

Swerved Not panicking

Just make sure if your wife hears you talking to this young hottie in your sleep, you say it was her you were dreaming about.. lol

7. glock19_fan

glock19_fan ... --- ...

LOL :rofl::rofl::rofl:

8. vart

vart

A friend of mine is a dream interpreter; I'll forward him your dream and see what he says. The guy is pretty good at this type of stuff...

9. glock19_fan

glock19_fan ... --- ...

10. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt Enslaved in IL

Nice.

Attached Files:

11. smullen

smullen

I never have dreams like you've mentioned, but I do network engineering for an ISP and its like a 24 hour a day job, nonstop projects and issues... From time to time I wake up in the middle of the night trouble shooting some phantom issue...

One time I dreamed there was a Fiber Patch pannel in my bedroom right above the dresser and one of the other guys was yelling at me to check it.... I seriously woke up all stressed out and looking for the stupid pannel... Took me like 20-30 seconds to realize I was dreaming and there wasn't one there....

12. glock19_fan

glock19_fan ... --- ...

LOL that's pretty crazy.

13. vart

vart

My buddy replied that it is simply a medical response to the workout and the flooding of hormones that result.

He said don't worry; you're not secretly hating your wife or anything like that...

14. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454
  15. glock19_fan

glock19_fan ... --- ...

Cool, thanks!!!!! :wavey::wavey::wavey:

16. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

I've interpreted my dreams. I secretly have no idea who glock19_fan's wife is. :rofl:

17. costanza187

costanza187 I like Macs

I take spells of having dreams...usually I don't dream (or at least remember what I dream), but sometimes I dream and they are pretty "out there".

One of my most recent was that I dreamed a co-worker of mine died, rose from the grave to wreak havoc on a local grocery store. In the dream I WAS Iron Man, but I didn't have the suit, so I was struggling trying to save the grocery store.