close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stossel: Freeloaders should just move to England

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Glocks&Ducs, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Glocks&Ducs

Glocks&Ducs

http://stossel.blogs.foxbusiness.com/2010/02/15/entitled-to-a-five-bedroom-house/?test=latestnews

February 15, 2010 02:16 PM EST by John Stossel

Entitled to a Five-bedroom House
    Many of our “leaders” want to make America more like Europe. When President Obama was in Europe, he praised the “social safety net that exits in almost all of Europe that doesn't exist in the United States."

Vice president Joe Biden called paying higher taxes "patriotic."

Europe does have a bigger “social safety net.” But the gain comes with pain: Europe’s higher taxes and bigger government lead to slower job growth and higher unemployment. Politicians always claim that the safety-net will be limited to “necessities for the truly needy,” but such government programs always grow.

An article in today's UK Daily Mail illustrates how over time, welfare states begin to offer monstrous entitlements:

A single mother-of-six is getting more than £80,000 [$125,000] a year from the taxpayer to live in a £2million mansion in an exclusive London suburb.

Essma Marjam, 34, is given almost £7,000 a month in housing benefits to pay the rent on the five-bedroom villa just yards from Sir Paul McCartney's house and Lord's cricket ground.
    She also receives an estimated £15,000 a year in other payouts, such as child benefit, to help look after her children, aged from five months to 14.

The four-storey house in Maida Vale has five bedrooms, two bathrooms, a double living room... two large flat-screen televisions ...

Welfare fraud? No -- the government stands by the payments:

Miss Marjam said: 'I moved here at the beginning of the month as I'm entitled to a five-bedroom house.

'I was in a three-bedroom council house but I needed a bigger place once my new baby came along. So the council agreed to pay the £1,600 a week to a private landlord as they didn't have any houses big enough...

A Department for Work and Pensions spokesman said..."Only a very small minority of people receive such high rates of housing benefit."

And here I thought my free golf cart from the US government was a grotesque scam. Serious freeloaders should move to England.

2. dave333

dave333

Excuse me while I go throw up.

3. durf

durf

I'm right behind you :ack:

4. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Don't worry. Sharia will stone her soon enough.

5. walt cowan

walt cowan

dibbs on the sink.

6. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Why? Did she try and stab Sharia and her friends? :rofl:

7. Mnukedude

Mnukedude Lurking

Hard to imagine how the folks must live who pay their own way in that country when they have to finance this as well.

8. okie

okie GT Mayor

She is entitled to a five-bedroom house:headscratch::dunno:

9. silentpoet

silentpoet

Winston must be rotating at the speed of light right now.

10. walt cowan

walt cowan

i remember a vid on youtube,now long gone, about a woman here in america. she had been on wefare for 50 of her 51 years. she stated she was proud of that one year but, it didn't pay as much as welfare. there she sat in a nice furnished appartment, bit#*ing about how the place was too small. she pointed out the kitchen applainces weren't new and how the wood floors were scrached up. she complained that she wasn't getting here moneys worth. lol! her money? lol!

11. Cubdriver

Cubdriver

Hopefully a bigger house that's not a villa but instead more ordinary digs becomes available soon and they move her lazy butt there ASAP! £1,600 is more than $2500 US! :faint:

ETA - And I love how she's ENTITLED to a five bedroom house! :steamed:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  12. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

The thing I dislike most about all this, is that the folks on Social Security disability.......who truly deserve it (yeah, there are a few).....get lumped into the same basket with all the other miscreants.

Folks are so tired of paying for those who seem able to care for their selves or put themselves in their own situation, they are ready to throw out the whole bunch. People will bend over back wards to help those who honestly need.............no, deserve it. But they're just fed up with tails of folks who are "taking" the system.

And I don't blame them.

People talk about how all the crazy conservatives will start something, but watch who really starts any "public uprising" when the cuts that have to be made, actually get made.

13. hill billy

hill billy Head Case

You couldn't pay me enough to live in England.

14. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Hard to believe that the entitlement underclass could be created so quickly, but if you think about it, three generations is all it took.