close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Story behind the 22rd .40 S&W magazine?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by I_Hate_George_Lucas, Feb 11, 2012.

Tags:
  1. I_Hate_George_Lucas

I_Hate_George_Lucas

What's the story behind it? Did GLOCK think of making a .40 caliber version of the GLOCK 18 or were they contract mags for an LEO agency? Or was it simply a marketing thing and they said "Hey, you know our 33rd 9mm mags sell... lets make a sell a 22rd .40 cal mag!"

2. Myke_Hart

Myke_Hart Handloader

YEP, and if they made a 100 round, we would buy them too.

I have two 22 rounders. :tongueout::supergrin::wavey:

3. voyager4520

voyager4520

Supposedly they were contract mags for either an LE department or for a military unit, and some extra inventory was put onto the regular market to test how popular they'd be. They were a good enough success apparently to become a standard Glock product. They use the same 17-coil magazine springs that the 9mm 33-round magazines use.

There were some rumors going around that they were made for the Army Rangers, I don't know what weapons the Rangers use so I have no idea if it's true.

There's also a connector supposedly made for the military that's the lightest one Glock has ever made, it's called the "minus dot" connector and has both of those markings. From the angle, it looks pretty similar to the ZevTech 2lbs connector.
    http://www.sproingle.com/images/mildot.jpg

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012