Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi mga Kabayan, do we have Storm lake barrels in the Philippines? How much it cost there(.45 or .40cal)? Do you guys have any experience with this barrel? The reason I asked, I checked Caspian arms and this is the barrel that they include in their complete pistol kit. I was wondering why Caspian arms picked this brand among the other brand. Any advantage on the other brands except the price? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
its about 16k and 19k for the 6" barrel. its the barrel that sigsauer uses for their 1911. sig also uses caspian slide and frames so maybe thats why its being packaged by caspian.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Originally posted by mtho
its about 16k and 19k for the 6" barrel. its the barrel that sigsauer uses for their 1911. sig also uses caspian slide and frames so maybe thats why its being packaged by caspian.

the last time i checked sa jetrho, they dont have a 6inches storm lake .40 barrel. me nakita ba kayo?

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Maganda siya kung orig :) pag fake , hindi ;p

Used one on my 40cal. standard pistol for the 01 Australasia
Ewan ko , panay sala pa rin , parang dati e

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
check their website out minsan they have some on sale there, their glock barrels a priced real good at topglock, wish i could get it here kalahati ng price ng barsto dyan yata yung price nila

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did some research on different FA forum and almost 96% of the respondent said it was an excelent barrel. I did a tally of respondent on several querry about this barrel. Among the respondent are three(3) known gunsmith here in the USA. For the price of their barrel I think I should make the plunge:supergrin: Actually our club are negotiating for a group buy on their .40cal Bull barrel Para/clark ramp and I might get two(2) of them.:supergrin: Thanks for the input again guys. BTW I heard through the grape vine that they have NEW boring and rifling machine.;) Hey fellow Pinoy BOGs I think you can negotiate with them and ask Deenoh if they can bring it in Manila with a minimal fee. What do you think:cool:

·
Registered
530 Posts
How do you determine if a barrel is well made, aside from testimonials from shooters?

What are the features that you look for?

For storm lake, barsto, kkm, and other preferred brands, what is in these barrels that makes them so popular among shooters?

OT: who makes barrels for armscor/rock island?

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
bottom line is accuracy and durability for shooters

for smiths both above and ease of fitting the barrel.

if you want low maintenance, go for stainless steel, barsto, sheumann for known brands

for steel barrels go for kart

In my opinion only sheuman or barsto will be installed in any of my match guns.

good luck

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Originally posted by jundeleon
How do you determine if a barrel is well made, aside from testimonials from shooters?

What are the features that you look for?

For storm lake, barsto, kkm, and other preferred brands, what is in these barrels that makes them so popular among shooters?

OT: who makes barrels for armscor/rock island?

psychological lang
( I assume you mean sa stock pistols )
sure they could put all 5 shots in 1 hole at blahblah distance from a ransom rest.
They'd probably all win sa ransom rest shooting tournament
Pero in the stress of a match ( talkin about IPSC ), pare pareho lang nagsasala yan
Pero syemps, you want all the advantage kahit psychological over yuor kalaban.
Dati, the only reason why I changed my stock para barrel to a schueman was because it gave a higher reading w/ less powder sa chrono over the para
Accuracy wise , I'll just say that it wasnt the barrels fault bakit may miss

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.