Glock Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the winter, I kept boots in my trunk with some other get home gear over the winter. Now that the heat in coming in KY, I would like to leave them in the trunk but worried the heat will ruin them. Legitimate concern or nothing to worry about?

· Super Moderator
Glock 45/19X
10,919 Posts
Over the winter, I kept boots in my trunk with some other get home gear over the winter. Now that the heat in coming in KY, I would like to leave them in the trunk but worried the heat will ruin them. Legitimate concern or nothing to worry about?
I don't think you'd have much to worry about. I've left shoes/clothing in my vehicle during Florida summers and haven't seen an issue yet. Some items yes, and anything if left long enough/hot enough will be affected, but you should be fine.

· Banned
4,880 Posts
I had a pair of "Stoney" boots with a soft vibram like sole that deteriorated in am matter of several years. The soles crumbled into little pieces when I tried to put them on. All I could figure was that they were stored in a non-airconditioned garage where temps probably reached 100 degrees at times. I would be hesitant to keep a pair of nice boots in the trunk for extended periods during the hot summer months. Car trunks can easily reach 125 degrees or more depending on the climate and the color of the car.

· Millenium #3936
6,678 Posts
I live in the deep south.. I have had boots in my trunk for 15 years.. no problems but I have changed the laces twice.

· Brass picker
715 Posts
I live near the coast in Texas and it is hot as the surface of the damn sun here. I have had a pair of Bates steel toes under the back seat in my truck for four years and they are in great condition. I would suggest you apply some sort of leather conditioner or preservative just to keep them from drying out. I also took out the standard laces and replaced them with para cord.

No worries my friend, carry on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.