close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Storing a Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by xdime, Jan 7, 2010.

1. xdime

xdime Drunken Sailor

I am going on a deployment fairly soon, and got the thinking how should I store my guns? Should they be good just lubed and stuck in the factory cases? Maybe throw in some of that stuff that absorbes moisture?:wavey:

2. OgenRwot

OgenRwot Politico

Send all of them to my FFL and I'll go ahead and make sure they are taken care of while you're gone :supergrin:

3. vinnier6

vinnier6

how long....a year or two of storage with normal lube will be fine...if were talking about 5 years or soo, you might want to coat the inside of the slide with some antisieze, lube the outside of the slide and internals well with oil and put it in a gun sock....

4. KstateU86

KstateU86

I would buy some buckets of Damp Rid from Home Depot. There are different sizes to choose from. They are made to not overflow so that's a plus. As far as the guns go I'd just give them a good clean and lube and put them in their original case. Lock the safe and go.

5. firedawg60

firedawg60

Stay safe and thank you. :patriot:

6. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

For a Glock?

Dig a hole in the mud, drop the Glock in, and cover up. Mark the spot with a GPS. Come back in a few years, dig it up, spit on it and fire away.

Just kidding of course. I agree with vinnier6, just a good coat of regular lube would be fine.

Stay safe and thank you.

7. blinddog

blinddog

For your Glocks Clean good and lube. For others, clean real good, lube and cvoat internals with lubraplate or other good grease, store in cool dry place with a dessicant, make shure they are securly stored where others cannot get to them unless authorized to.