1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Good outcome. The only thing that disturbs me is the police comment / attitude about not getting his gin back for "awhile". They should be required to provide him a loaner on the meantime! ;)

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Scouts Out
23,815 Posts
why would they have to take his gun for awhile?
Common practice from pretty much every policing agency in the US to hold a firearm involved in a crime until all the appeals are finished.

The number one reason to have two of your favorite carry pistols. When they take the first one for an indeterminate time you have a backup.

·
Scottish Member
14,601 Posts
Good outcome. The only thing that disturbs me is the police comment / attitude about not getting his gin back for "awhile". They should be required to provide him a loaner on the meantime! ;)

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
He could always have a vodka martini.

·
Registered
11,611 Posts
From the article:

Every time the owner of Babe Market walks in to work, he immediately puts his gun behind the counter. He never thought he'd have to use it, but he did on Tuesday night when two masked men walked in.
He said everything just right according to the report; now he need to clam up and say no more on the record until if and when he has to appear before a grand jury.

"I'm glad he's going to survive," said Jawad. "I didn't want to shoot him, but my life was threatened."

He says the life of his customer was also in danger.

"They had a gun to the customer. When they had the gun they to the customer, they said to me, 'Give me your money.' I had my gun over here, so I pulled it out slowly and he pointed the gun right here on my chest and I just let off shots, a couple. They took off," Jawad recalled.
Who knows what local prosecuting attorneys might decide to do in a "blue state" --- or a "red state" for that matter. Politicians are always on the make and willing to step on innocent people to get elected to the next office.

·
NRA Life Member
73,725 Posts
In Kentucky, I have actually known of the police to do that more than once.

·
Leonum A Ignis
3,381 Posts
Own a Stop-and-Rob in New Haven... you'd better be armed.

Score one for the good guy, but next time maybe he'll keep his gun on his person.

·
Scouts Out
23,815 Posts
Heard later in the day, "We're gonna need a bigger gun!"

·
Registered
12,129 Posts
He needs to get a lawyer to file and get his gun back!! Unless they are charging him with a crime they have no need to keep his weapon! Force there hand!:steamed: The police have no right to take his porperty without charges being filed!:faint:

·
Banned
5,668 Posts
Wonder what caliber it really was.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.