close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stop what you are doing and hug your little buddy!

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by scowan007, Feb 19, 2005.

1. scowan007

scowan007 memberrific!!!

Just came from the pet store and the shelter folk were there with some fuzzy critters that needed a home. Made me sad. Came home, hugged pooch, gave a couple extra treats.

2. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Gee, and I just came in and passed out the hairball goop to my threesome. Good thing they think it is a really special treat ;f

I got Iggy a new collar today. Blue with "diamonds" around it :)

Here, when you see an adoption fair you know all the animals won't be adopted out but they do have great places to go at the end of the day. Foster homes are getting more and more popular around here! I just don't see how anybody could Foster a fuzzy then give it up! Not me.

3. Squid.HM2

Squid.HM2

mine are attached most of the time im home so i hug them every few minutes

4. Glockgirl26

Glockgirl26

When I adopted my kitty from the shelter, I kind of wanted to take all the kitties home. I felt sad for them.

5. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

I hate going to the shelters and seeing all the poor little homeless mutts and kitties......

It is something that just makes me sad......

The local paper posted some stats, and these make me SICK......but 79% of the cats and dogs taken in the local shelters here in Atlanta were put down.......

I got tears in my eyes when I read these terrible stats......damned irresponsible people let their pets breed and don't get them fixed........damn it all anyway!! :( :( :( :( :(

6. Bushmanfnp

Bushmanfnp

Hug your son too! Thats is what I thought you were talking about from your title. My son and daughter both get multiple hugs from me every single day.

7. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Peach, I would venture to say 90%+ of what goes into our local animal shelter gets put down. If the animal is unlucky enough to go in on kill day, (s)he gets put down immediately.

With the rescue groups an animal is put down only if it is dangerous or too sick to help. Very, very few are put down :)

I think that the Foster home for pets concept is really catching on around here. We have lots of pet Fosters! I am so glad there are people who can Foster then give up a furbaby. I couldn't do it, I wouldn't be able to give it up for another approved family.