1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
NRA Life Member
5,641 Posts
Thanks! Just sent this out to a few folks - Gave em the letter I sent to my representative and the link to the original NSSF template.

I hope other will follow through as well! The list I sent to is a lowly 4500, but it's a good start!!!

Thanks again for sharing this!

·
Registered
33,491 Posts
Pelosi wants to disarm Americans while at the same time she wants to goad China into WW III.

Some people really just need to retire. You're eighty ****ing two FFS.

Reactions: Pierre!

·
Registered
8,470 Posts

Use this to contact your representative.

The vote will be interesting just to see if any Republicans hop on board, but lots of silly things pass in the House that never see the light of day in the Senate.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I won't obey a illegitimate regime unconstitutionally meddling with my rights.
Lube up.

If you really wanted to get ready, you could have your front teeth removed by a dentist under anesthesia instead of busted out by Leroy when he preps you for the cigarette auction....

·
Registered
27,708 Posts
I watched some of the house debate -

Democrat moron said an AR pistol brace when combined with a buffer tube and buffer was the same as a bump stock. Turned the gun into a full auto.

A couple GOP members tried to explain it to him but he just kept saying - NO NO it is a BUFFER TUBE and a BUFFER that combined with the brace = full auto -

Why else would they need A BUFFER TUBE!!

People writing legislation about things they know nothing about.

·
Registered
19,403 Posts

They're dropping it. Keep fingers crossed for a good outcome in elections this fall.

·
NRA Life Member
5,641 Posts
And here is the response to my Email using the updated / personalized NSSF Template:

From Rep Amodei:

Dear Mr. Pierre!,

Thank you for contacting me regarding H.R. 1808, the Assault Weapons Ban of 2021. I appreciate the opportunity to respond.

As you may know, the Assault Weapons Ban was introduced by Representative David Cicilline (D-RI) on March 11, 2021. This legislation would ban the sale, transfer, manufacture and importation of firearms deemed as "military-style assault weapons", as well as firearms that do not have a fixed ammunition magazine or include a pistol grip, a forward grip, a barrel shroud, a threaded barrel or a folding or telescoping stock. This bill would also ban magazines that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition. H.R. 1808 has been referred to the House Judiciary Committee, of which I am not a member, for further consideration.

Please know that I will not support proposals that apply a misguided assault weapon label to commonplace semi-automatic shotguns used for trap/skeet and other shooting sports, bird hunting, and home protection, as well as to semi-automatic rifles used primarily for marksmanship competitions and other recreational purposes.

A law that bans a gun on the basis of the shape of its grip, or because its stock is adjustable, and that limits the number of rounds of ammunition a law-abiding citizen may have in a gun for self-defense, strikes me as arbitrary and more likely to adversely affect law-abiding citizens than it does criminals.

Please know that I will continue to support legislation that defends the Second Amendment and improves the enforcement of current law while protecting our civil liberties.

I appreciate you taking the time to inform me of your opinions and hope you will continue to contact me in the future. In closing, please know I consider it a privilege to serve and represent you and your family in Congress.

Sincerely,

Mark E. Amodei Member of Congress

·
Registered
133 Posts
Here’s how this goes at my house:
  • I have (hypothetically) 5 ARs of various calibers, and many 20 and 30 round mags.
  • state wants me to turn in all of them, and I won’t give a shyte
  • I still have (hypothetically) 5 ARs and many mags.

The ball is in their camp. And if they come for mine, they better bring theirs. And a lot of friends.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts