GlockTalk Forum banner

141 - 144 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I've been buying Sig Elite Performance 115gr 9mm(though I prefer 124gr) for $16.95 a box w/free shipping from Sig's site and will continue to when in stock.
Also, have some backodered Sig 45cal 200 pk for $82 from optics planet being shipped free on the 11th.
I don't really care what category that puts me in. :dancingbanana:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Ok. I way overpaid($26.95) for ONE BOX(20) Elite Performance Ammunition;Sig V-Crown 115gr. jacketed hollow points. I know. Stupid.

It's been a long-standing tradition, for me, that, when I buy a new gun I get a box of ammo for it. There was a time the seller would just bump you a free box as appreciation for the purchase.(Yep,I'm that old!)

So,I bought myself an early Christmas Gift(P365XL) and when I got to the alter,er,counter to pay and state,in writing,unequivocally,that I am a non-hispanic(WTH?) the salesperson says"Would you like a box of ammo for that?" I was kinda shocked because they had NO 9mm ammo for sale on the shelves. He says it's policy to ask if you purchase a firearm.

The guy digs around under the counter and comes up with three really beautiful boxes of various self defense 9mm and says I can purchase one box. I was weak. I caved;but only due to my traditional values.

And I did buy a heap of ammo back when. Didn't even need the overpriced Sig Elite V-Crown 9mm. I have plenty of Federal HST 9mm back when I had SGammo on speed-dial.

To end this epic saga,I was probably one of those guys(Nit Wits) who got on the forum here(after a few years of being away from the shooting world to handle some long-term family issues)and said,"Dang! Have you seen these ammo prices!?" Mea culpa.

No more new guns for the rest of the year! (Just holsters.)

PS:Duramaxsky;It really helps to have understanding, loving people around you when you have ADD. I think it runs in my family.

·
I feel pretty.
3,283 Posts
$34 for a box of 9mm Fmj???

Am I reading this right? Wow, I'm glad that I stocked up before the panic. I'm a little low on 556 because it's been way too pricey all year.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Oh BS! All free Americans can and should stockpile ammo. To call it hoarding is purely pejorative and selfish. You would only call it hoarding if you FAILED to stockpile when ammo prices were as cheap as they had been in over ten years and the economy was booming. You don't stockpile during a shortage but you might shoot less especially if the ranges are closed.

Blaming others for your own failures is typical. When there is rioting after the election are you going to blame me when you run out of toilet paper and food? Go to the store NOW and stock up.

Slow down Karen. I got plenty! I am not failing take a breath! Eat some of your dried beans in your bunker! I am good.

141 - 144 of 144 Posts