GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will leave only fools paying high prices. If we all stop then the price will come back down once inventories pile up. Please stop all ammunition purchasing. Please pass this along to all friends. Once it takes hold even the shooting sports will force pricing back down since there will be no competitive shooting and target shooting. Every decision is always based on follow the money.

·
Registered
19,074 Posts

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
This will leave only fools paying high prices. If we all stop then the price will come back down once inventories pile up. Please stop all ammunition purchasing. Please pass this along to all friends. Once it takes hold even the shooting sports will force pricing back down since there will be no competitive shooting and target shooting. Every decision is always based on follow the money.
Hahahahahhahaha.

I had a simpleton friend wonder why we couldn’t reduce traffic congestion by everyone just pushing the gas pedal more.

I haven’t bought ammo in months either.

There were so many warning signs for so many months that for anyone not a new gun owner, there just isn’t an excuse.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I figured I was preaching to the choir here on GT, but wanted to share anyway. Disgusted to see todays prices. Reminds me of what Chris Rock use to say about ammunition cost. "If you make a bullet cost 5k, no gun death. " I know it's not there yet but scary all the same. I stopped IDPA due to this nonsense. Really sucks to leave such a fun hobby. Saving what I have. I have not purchased since January.

·
Registered
30,049 Posts
I can't remember the last ammunition I bought.

On the other hand in the last couple days I cast about two thousand bullets and loaded about a thousand 38 Special.

The only time I buy store bought ammunition is when it's on sale at a low price.

9mm WWB.JPG

22 ammo 3 2014 2 2.jpg

Most of my shooting is with my reloads.

45 and 38 reloads.JPG

45 in cans.JPG

9mm reloads.JPG

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Going to show this to my wife. She thinks I am crazy because I have a closet just full of ammo. Nice to know I am not alone in my insanity.
I can't remember the last ammunition I bought.

On the other hand in the last couple days I cast about two thousand bullets and loaded about a thousand 38 Special.

The only time I buy store bought ammunition is when it's on sale at a low price.

View attachment 856630

View attachment 856628

Most of my shooting is with my reloads.

View attachment 856638

View attachment 856636

View attachment 856634

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Price will only come down when supply ramps up big time and could take quite a while especially with Covid 19 casing havoc in the manufacturing chain. While I am in good shape I can understand those that are still buying for their needs. A lot of new shooters getting their first firearms at this time and I would rather see them buy ammo to practice for proficiency and learn safe procedures rather than not buy.

·
Registered
30,960 Posts
Price will only come down when supply ramps up big time and could take quite a while especially with Covid 19 casing havoc in the manufacturing chain.
I bet manufacturing is running flat out. Supply isn't the problem, demand is.

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
Sorry, I'm still on the hunt for 5.56 that isn't too outrageous for my AR. The rifle purchase was ill-timed, so I'll have to pay somewhat inflated prices if I want to shoot it. I've found a bit here and there, but "lower" prices tend to come with purchase limits.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I bet manufacturing is running flat out. Supply isn't the problem, demand is.
Supply is a problem. I have talked to two local manufacturers that can't get components. One commented on their FB about having over a million primers on backorder.

1 - 20 of 144 Posts