Stolen gun not reported stolen?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by 1faSStchevy, Oct 19, 2010.

1. 1faSStchevy

1faSStchevy

So a few years ago my parents house was broken into. Along with a few other things my dads Colt Gold Cup was stolen. Long story short, we are pretty sure it was my sisters coke dealer boyfriend. When his brother was arrested for armed robbery and then his house was raided and seized drugs, cash and firearms, we were very shocked the pistol did not show up. I saved the info off the box in hopes that one day I could replace it with the same kind. Well today I asked an officer if he could check to make sure it was listed as stolen and nothing came back! So now he's got to call the sheriffs office and get this straighten out. Who knows, maybe its down in Palm Beach county evidence locker. Is there anything else we should do?

2. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

Whenever a gun is received in police custody, it is entered NCIC as "recovered". Even if it's not stolen, it's listed as "recovered". At least that's the way we did it. If we siezed a gun due to domestic violence it was entered "recovered" for instance. If that gun ended up in police custody, anywhere in the USA, there should be a record of it.

3. Maine

Maine

Good luck, I hope you find it. That would make for a really good day.