Stoeger cougar 40 cal. magazines ?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by 45reloader, Jan 24, 2010.

1. 45reloader

45reloader Live Free

Does anyone know if anyone has the Beretta or Stoeger 40 cal magazines in stock.
    I just picked-up a new 40 from Bass Pro $399.00(not bad)Great feeling gun.I'm really liking the gun already.

CDNN has 10 round mags.I may be forced to get them since they are half the price of everything else I am seeing right now.

Range trip tomorrow in the rain?
    we'll see

2. Whiskey-71

Whiskey-71

The only online retailer that has any left is Gunclip Depot. Below is a direct link to their Beretta magazines. For a time, the factory mags were only $19.95, but I suppose with a possible upswing in popularity for the pistols, they've gone up.

http://www.gunclips.net/beretta.html

I would be wary of the ProMag models. I owned two of them when I had my Cougar and neither one fed properly due to some issue with the spring. You may find that ProMag has corrected this problem, but I still offer that word of warning.

As a tangent, I'm seriously considering picking up the Cougar again. I had to sell mine about four years ago due to money issues and I still regret it.

As you've probably already found, they are extremely accurate pistols and possess fantastic ergonomics. Any 180 gr load will give your wrist a good workout, but it's not unbearable. Also, use caution if your feeding it any round from Fiocchi that have that angled bullet nose. I also had some feeding issues with those.

I hope this was helpful, and let me know if there's any other information I can offer.