close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stock rear sight adjustment question on G20sf

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by DrtyHarry, Mar 5, 2010.

1. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry

I just picked up a new G20sf last night and I noticed that the rear sight is fitted all the way to the left, not centered.

I have yet to shoot it so I can't tell how accurate it is. Does Glock adjust the rear sight after they test fire it? I doubt it. In any case, how can I move it to the center? Do I need that special rear adjustable sight tool? I'm going to replace the sights later on down the line, but I was wondering how I would fix it in case I don't. I'd rather avoid going to my smith. Thanks!!

DH

2. SCC

SCC just me

Shoot it first ....

3. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry

Yes, I'll shoot it first. None of my other Glocks had the rear sight off center.

Can you tell me if Glock actually sights their pistols in before they leave the factory? I would guess no as it would cost more to do so.

Ugh...I won't be able to shoot her for another week or so, sadly. Have to work so I can buy ammo. lol

DH

4. Novocaine

Novocaine

I highly doubt most of the production handguns get zeroed with live fire. Otherwise you would have test targets included ala CZ and Walther. Centering the rear sight within the slide usually does the trick though. Perhaps they laser boresight them just to make sure.

I wouldn't try to mess with the sight before shooting the gun but I'd say it's a safe bet it's off.

It's better to get a special tool. Hammer and punch do the trick but are a PITA somewhat.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  5. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry

Yeah...I didn't think they zeroed in the sights as I didn't get any targets (never did w/Glocks), unlike with my Wilsons.

I'd hate to take it to the range, drop $200 in DT ammo for the day, and not even come close to hitting the target. So a punch and hammer will do eh? I'll give it a shot and hope not to scratch it. Thanks.

DH

6. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

My bet is that it some how got bumped.
    Place a piece of soft wood on either side of the slide and place into a bench vise.
    With a wooden dowel, tap the sight to the center, comparing the gap on each side.

Take it to the range, I've installed MANY Glock sights, always centered them.
    Never had one issue where a Glock was shooting off center.

7. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

This.
    :supergrin:

8. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry

Thanks! Off to find a wooden dowel. And yes, all my Glocks have all had the rear sight flush center. Don't know how it got bumped, it was brand new in the box as if it was just born. Again, thanks!!

DH