"stock" questions for noob

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by MI357, Dec 11, 2005.

1. MI357

MI357

Well...I bought my first Glock last night. It is a used model 26. The gun has some mods to it already so now I have a few questions for shooting at a GSSF competition (thinking about 2 indoor comps in Michigan). I am thinking about shooting in Am Civ and Am Sub

1. It has Mep night sights. From what I can tell...these are fine now, correct?

2. It has an extended slide stop lever on it. I am not sure who the maker of this lever is. Does this matter?

3. One mag has a Scherer grip extension on it. In the Glock report Vol 1 for 2005 it states "Pierce Grip, Inc. grip extenders only on G26,G27,G29, G30, G33 and G36 magazines"
    Does this mean only Pierce Grip brand extenders can be used or "extenders" can only be used on these models. Basically, would the Scherer extender be legal?

From what I can tell....those are the only mods to the gun. Would/Should I have a Glock Armorer look it over before the comp?

Thanks in advance for any info...

2. Terminator

Terminator

The Meps are fine, and as long as the slide stop is stock its ok for any category in GSSF except major sub. Pearce is the only mag extension that can be used in stock class.

Congrats on the 26. You made a great choice ;c

3. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Congrats on the 26! ^c
    You should also be OK with the factory 7151 mag extension. You can acquire them separately, or they're sometimes seen as the extension on what were called "Law Enforcement" G26 magazines [during the ban].
    Shoot 'em up! :)

4. Glockman67

Glockman67 #29 Supporter

So long as the extended slide stop is glock factory OEM, you'll be fine.

The OEM extended SSL has a triangular nub on the end of the lever. These are standard on all Glock competition models as well as the entire range of .45GAP models.

I just ordered one last week to install on my 19, can't wait to play with it. ;)

gman67