Glock Talk banner

Where do you fall in modifying your weapons?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I am recently new to this forum, I have a 42 that is my wife's edc and a Gen5 19 I just picked up for myself to use for home protection/range/fall,winter carry. I have decided to leave my 19 stock (except for an APL-C, and ReCover Tactical mag clip on one of my spare carry mags) along with my wife's (except for a Pearce + 1). I especially didn't feel the need to modify hers, she is comfortable with it just the way it is and she only carries when she is alone with my son. So if she ever needed to use it I don't want any doubt in my mind that if something went wrong it could be due to something I modified. Only carry weapon I have that has any work done to it is my Shield, Apex trigger kit, SS guide ride with single spring, and True Precision barrel, (and a couple mag extension/base plates, and NS) all have been tested at the range before carrying. My 92FS I changed out my hammer spring, recoil spring and put in a fluted steel guide rod by Wilson Combat, and added Beretta rubber grips and extended mag release. I do not carry that but is ready for HD if needed. My rifle is built by Radian Weapons, all I added was the optics and irons, so this comes somewhere in the middle, on the verge of Gucci lol.

So I am curious to see where you guys and girls fall on the subject. I follow a lot of accounts on Instagram and naturally a lot of those photos posted are "Gucci Glocks" same for a lot of the M&P line up. Take a second to answer the pole and post some photos and drop some comments. Sorry if this is a double thread, I searched for "Gucci" in the forum and just found posts for some watches lol.

Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Gun accessory
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Airsoft gun
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Airsoft gun
Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft Airsoft gun
Firearm Gun Trigger Assault rifle Rifle
Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Machine gun

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
A lot of people have discovered even mild mods ( mag base plates or plus1/2s for example) have been known to make guns into jam o matics! Make sure your wife’s gun actually works with the plus one! My rule if it runs as is do not mess with it!!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A lot of people have discovered even mild mods ( mag base plates or plus1/2s for example) have been known to make guns into jam o matics! Make sure your wife’s gun actually works with the plus one! My rule if it runs as is do not mess with it!!
We did, everything goes to the range first before it gets carried/used for defense, including and especially a brand new firearm. I will admit I did not use every factory mag I own at the range, but the ones I changed base plates on I took to the range before carrying. I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to test all mags I have just in case I need to use them for defense/carry at some point.

·
Registered
446 Posts
On my Glocks: 17, 23 and 30S, all Gen 3's I've done the following:

Added Ghost Bullet Forward Slide Release and Vickers Tango Down extended mag release. Reason: Neither of the Glock OEM parts they replace are fit for the purpose they were developed for, in my hands.

I've added Ghost Edge connecters and NY1 trigger springs to the G17 and G23 to improve the trigger smoothness, not pull weight. The G30S needed nothing as it's the best stock out-of-the-box trigger pull I've ever felt. Luck of the draw. I should note the G30S has the NIB one coated slide and barrel. I am thinking about replacing my OEM trigger shoe on the G30S, but not the trigger bar, as I found the grooved OEM trigger irritating as hell. My other 2 glocks have OEM smooth triggers. I don't want to change the trigger bar as this one is so good, so I looking at options of changing only the shoe. I'm looking hard at putting a Wheaton Arms flat faced trigger shoe on my existing trigger bar, but the jury is still out on that part.

Of course I've replaced the OEM sights on all 3. Ameriglo CAP fronts coupled with Hackathorn serrated rears are my current go to's.

The G17 and G23 both have Talon Grips, as the Gen 3 frames are a bit too smooth. The G30S I've added a Grip Force 123 Adapter, and it seem to give me the added traction I need to hold on to the G30S nicely. Time will tell.

I use nothing but Glock OEM mags, without any non-OEM extentions, pinky rests, base plates, et al...All mags are tested for function with live ammo.

Nothing gets put in my Glocks unless it tested on the range, with at least 200 rounds. If the function does not meet OEM Glock standard of reliability the part comes out.

That's it.....Fairly middle of the road, but probably too much change for the "First Church of OEM" cognoscenti........

Reactions: Redline727

·
Registered
446 Posts
View attachment 358949 Voted "Somewhere in the middle"
Some of my guns are bone stock...some are not.

No "Gucci" guns for me....unless you consider a Ruger NMBH with pearl grips "Gucci".
"Son, only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries pearl handled revolvers,......" General George S Patton to a reporter. ;)

·
1911 lover
10,355 Posts
My 1911’s can get quite a lot of parts and cosmetic work and sights and trigger jobs etc... the glocks might get a connector and a few spring changes , never cosmetic.

My gen2 g23 has an apex trigger and changed out connector and springs and a grip plug ( given to me) and a stainless guide rod and extended slide stop and wide slide release lever bar.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I like my Glocks stock with the addition of night sights , my AR15s plain and simple with just irons , vickers sling and a surefire light , my Rifle Dynamics AK I just plan on running the same as well. I don't get into all of the aftermarket stuff. I've seen some stipple jobs I like but I don't have any stippled guns. I'd rather spend my extra money on mags and ammo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.