Stock GLOCK

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by David_Ely, Feb 7, 2010.

1. David_Ely

David_Ely GAP'r

I've been reading up on GSSF competition and I wanted to make sure of something in the 'Stock Glock' category. I can use a GLOCK 3.5lb connector and still be 'stock' but not a GHOST 3.5lb connector. Is that correct?

2. Jon_R

Jon_R

I believe the requirement is your Glock must have only Glock parts installed. If your connector is a Glock part you are good. I assume they don't disassemble everyone's pistol. Maybe random or just trust people will do the right thing.

Exceptions that can be non glock are sights as long as traditional post and notch and things added to the grip. Tape, grip sleeve, etc.

I am shooting my first match on Sat in Orlando so hopefully others can confirm my statements.

My daughter is shooting a 2nd Gen G17 I bought used. It had a Ghost connector so I swapped in a 3.5lb Glock one. It is possible it has a non glock striker spring or trigger spring but I don't really have a way to know. We are just shooting for fun and I doubt she will be pushing for top shooter. Maybe finish well for 13 year old girls. :)

3. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm

You are exactly correct.

4. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

Hey, remember, she is in the running for the top junior female special prize. $75 might put a smile on her face.

5. Jon_R

Jon_R

I paid for the pistol, mags, registration, GSSF Membership, and ammo..... The $75 to her would be pure profit. :)

6. njl

njl Crusty Member

7. David_Ely

David_Ely GAP'r

I have a GHOST 3.5# connector that I was using in my carry G26 but have since removed and replaced with the factory 5.5#. I have a GLOCK OEM 3.5# connector on order that I plan on using in my G17 which will become my GSSF pistol.