close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

stock Glock night sights...worth $57?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by BigWaylon, Mar 14, 2007.

1. BigWaylon

BigWaylon

got some quotes on a couple new Glocks...

price difference is $57 to get night sights...and I'm assuming it's the factory sights (made my Mepro, right?)

I've never shot with them...but figure it's cheaper to buy them at original purchase than as add-ons later...

is $57 a good price for them?

or are the standard sights sufficient, especially if I plan on having a tactical light and/or a Crimson Trace grip on them?

Thanks.
    Greg

2. RayB

RayB Retired Member

I've got the OEM Meps on my G21 and they're very nice all purpose combat-type sights. The quality is first-rate and they're the brightest night sights I have. They're great bull's-eye sights out to thirty feet, but beyond that, to my old eyes, the front blade's a little wide for precise target shooting.

While the factory standard sights work alright, they're frankly cheesy looking. No offense to those who prefer them.

I see no down-side to adding night sights. They can allow you to target an intruder while remaining hidden. I would also recommend a laser and a light. Each has its place; and they do add cool to the gun! :supergrin:

The next night sights for me will be AmeriGlo Operator sights in yellow/green. These are a hybrid design that combine best features from both combat and target sights:

http://ameriglo.com/

--Ray

3. aaronrkelly

aaronrkelly

Yeah, they are worth the extra money. My Glocks have always had Trijicons on them so I cant comment much on the stock NS but the ones I have seen where good quality.

4. ubernoob

ubernoob

I bought my g26 recently for 500$ the stock night sights ran an extra 40$. However, if you already have the gun, the price you quoted is probably about the going rate.

That said, unless you plan on keeping ONLY the stock night sights on the gun, spend some extra money and get a set that has a screw on front sight. The newest glock stock night sights are crimped on and, if removed, can't be reinstalled. Getting a new front sight runs about 40$. :sad:

5. BigWaylon

BigWaylon

the G22 is getting a light and Crimson Trace laser...

the G27 is getting a Crimson Trace laser...

I think I'm gonna save the money for now and add some better (adjustable, screw on) night sights somewhere down the road...

Thanks.
    Greg

6. gary newport

gary newport

Probably a good choice; most folks prefer the screw-on front to the crimp-on. Besides there are different types of night sights, so you may want to do a little research before ponying up money.