close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stock for Glock 20

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Cheesebeast, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Cheesebeast

Cheesebeast

Hello,

I was wondering about putting a stock on my G20. I realize ATF approval is neccessary for this if it is possible. Would I register my pistol as a "short barrelled rifle" and pay the $200 dollar tax? Who makes a stock that would fit the G20? I have seen examples of them in the past but I do not remember who manufactured them.

Thanks,
    Cheese

2. bambihunter

bambihunter 10mm collector

You could just get a carbine conversion unit, or CCU for it. They normally come with everything to make it legal length.
    I don't know anything about the class III stuff except that I can't afford it. :(

3. Cheesebeast

Cheesebeast

Thanks, I hadn't considered the CCU units from Mech Tech. I was hoping for a "true" clip on stock for the Glock. They used to be available, but I don't remember the manufacturer. I believe you would have to register the weapon as a "Short Barreled Rifle", which would require lots of forms, fingerprints, photographs, and a $200 fee. Then you wait forever. Eventually the ATF decides you are an OK sort, send back the paperwork and the weapon is now an SBR. The downside is the weapon would remain an SBR (and on the federal books as such) in case you decide to sell the weapon. You can get it removed from the list, but I don't know how.

I have done the process for full auto, but never for an SBR. I am impressed with the G20s accuracy and the trajectory of the 10mm cartridge and thought it would be a hoot to have a stock for it.

Do the Mech Tech kits work? They seem a neat product.

Thanks for the reply,
    Cheese

4. bambihunter

bambihunter 10mm collector

One of the members here at GT bought a MecTech and his would involuntarily go full-auto. So, you might get more than you bargain for. ;a

5. atfsux

atfsux

He he he he he he he,...me like!! Is it for sale?;3

6. avine

avine

There are several stocks that go on glocks. Impulse gun barrels makes a 16¨ barrel and stock combination. This would not be subject to the SBR rule.
    You can also get the TDI Arms stock (Mislabeled sometimes as a Fobus). But only the Impulse comes as a set.

Impulse
    [​IMG]

TDI Arms
    [​IMG]

Unknown folder
    [​IMG]