Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Glock 30 Gen 4 that I want to add some grip to either through stippling or another method. I was hoping to find someone in the Atlanta area so I wouldn't need to ship it anywhere. I'm looking for any companies or individuals that someone on here has heard of or dealt with in the past.

Also, while doing a search to find a local person, I found Atlanta Grips, which seems to market a special type of grip tape they call Tacti-grip. It looks promising and less permanent. Does anyone have any knowledge of this product or this company? Or any other solutions to help with grip in a wet or humid environment?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I use GT-5000 tape. It has to be cut to fit your gun from strips, but I like that. Instructions are included for making templates for your gun. I have used it in various ways... on a few gun grips, on a couple of gun slides, on two flashlights & on my cell phone. The grippyness seems to be in the right range for me..

You will find it in various locations (Amazon, etc.), but you can order directly from the manufacturer; the best deal is the large package (24 strips). Free shipping! (No, I do not work for them... just a happy customer.)

Here is the site: http://guntape.com/

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use GT-5000 tape. It has to be cut to fit your gun from strips, but I like that. Instructions are included for making templates for your gun. I have used it in various ways... on a few gun grips, on a couple of gun slides, on two flashlights & on my cell phone. The grippyness seems to be in the right range for me..

You will find it in various locations (Amazon, etc.), but you can order directly from the manufacturer; the best deal is the large package (24 strips). Free shipping! (No, I do not work for them... just a happy customer.)

Here is the site: http://guntape.com/

Thanks Noponer. I'll check it out. Any chance you'd post a pic or two?

·
Registered
667 Posts
I have always used a piece of bike intertube on my pistols. Never seen the reason to buy adhesive grips and although I have seen a few good stippling jobs, I have also seen some horrendous ones too. I bought my wife a new G43 (actually bought myself another one, after she claimed the first one) and decided to try something a little nicer looking than the intertube for her pistol. Talon grips were running a special at the time, so I order a set for her. Long story short, they were so nice and felt so good that I have now added them to my G43, G30, and my G19. Great texture, easy to apply, and seem to really stay put.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I have always used a piece of bike intertube on my pistols. Never seen the reason to buy adhesive grips and although I have seen a few good stippling jobs, I have also seen some horrendous ones too. I bought my wife a new G43 (actually bought myself another one, after she claimed the first one) and decided to try something a little nicer looking than the intertube for her pistol. Talon grips were running a special at the time, so I order a set for her. Long story short, they were so nice and felt so good that I have now added them to my G43, G30, and my G19. Great texture, easy to apply, and seem to really stay put.
I have heard bike inertube called "Ranger Bands". I haven't tried any on my pistol grips but I have one my Zippo and it will keep fluid for about 3 months before it dries out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've heard of folks using the inner tube before, but my hands are a bit too small for that. I used a Hogue slip-on grip for the Shield my wife currently carries and it always felt like it added to much to the grip. I have considered a grip reduction for the G3, but I'm still not sold on the stippling. much less something even more invasive.

Thanks for the testimony about Talon. I will check those out. Some type of grip tape might be the best bet for now. At least until I break it in a little more.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like Talon Grip. Unless I was trying to reduce the grip I cant think of any thing stippling adds
Thanks for the 2nd on Talon grips. As I said above, the grip reduction sounds good, but it's a bit too much for now.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Thanks Noponer. I'll check it out. Any chance you'd post a pic or two?
Check out "Photos" at the top of the page on the web site I indicated... there are several there.

Of course, mine look better - :supergrin:

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
I still use a piece of inner tube on mine. Doesn't really change anything about the pistol and is easily removed. That yucky 'stipling' is not.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I still use a piece of inner tube on mine. Doesn't really change anything about the pistol and is easily removed. That yucky 'stipling' is not.
There's nothing wrong with stippling if it's done right. And, as for value loss.... I have always sold my stippled Glocks for as much or more than those I left stock. Here's a G30S that I sold to a local store. I forgot to put the stock grooved trigger back in, so I returned to the store the next day to replace the trigger bar... & the gun had been sold!

014 - Copy.JPG
017 - Copy.JPG

·
Registered
534 Posts
Depends on the frame work as far as re sale. If done right, it can sell for more. And if done by some one that has a lot of followers on social media, it will sell easy and for more. We all know it's about the followers lol( which I don't have ha).

But here's one i just finished for a buddy.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454017853.138718.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There's nothing wrong with stippling if it's done right. And, as for value loss.... I have always sold my stippled Glocks for as much or more than those I left stock. Here's a G30S that I sold to a local store. I forgot to put the stock grooved trigger back in, so I returned to the store the next day to replace the trigger bar... & the gun had been sold!

View attachment 269568 View attachment 269569

Thanks for posting the pics. So the ones you posted first were with the gun tape and the last one was with stippling? If that's the case then the gun tape might be the way to go for now. I couldn't tell them apart much.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Depends on the frame work as far as re sale. If done right, it can sell for more. And if done by some one that has a lot of followers on social media, it will sell easy and for more. We all know it's about the followers lol( which I don't have ha).

But here's one i just finished for a buddy.
View attachment 269594
That looks great - a very classy look. Great job. The custom detail is the one thing that still makes me want to go toward stippling. I really like the patterns that the guy at Weaponworx does.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics. So the ones you posted first were with the gun tape and the last one was with stippling? If that's the case then the gun tape might be the way to go for now. I couldn't tell them apart much.
Yeah, the G30S lying on orange scissors & the G42 lying on an architect's scale ("ruler") have the GT-5000 tape. The piece of GT-5000 on the slide really helps my arthritic fingers rack the slide on such a small gun. The G30S with just carpet below has the finger humps removed & is stippled.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts