Stippling my G23 or Buy Another RTF Frame?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by BearArms_Bracelets, Oct 2, 2015.

1. BearArms_Bracelets

BearArms_Bracelets

I have a glock 23 RTF that has been ran alot so the gripping the RTF provided is going by the way side. My question is I loved how the rtfs feel but would it be cheaper to get it stippled or just get another rough texted frame? Is there any pros to stippling? Will it last longer since the stippling is larger more pronounced holes where as the rtf is just really tiny needle points?

thanks for any and all input :)

2. ak103k

ak103k

I have a couple of RTF 17's. They are the only Glocks I have now that I didnt stipple. All the rest have been. If the RTF's got beat up to the point they were not as effective, Ill probably just stipple them too.

I prefer the fine, cat tongue type stippling, as compared to some of the other patterns/types. Its low keyed and very effective. Its also very easy to touch up, if needed. I have two Glocks I shoot all the time, a 17 and a 26, and they both have been retouched a couple of times now.

The stippling lasts a good long time, even with constant use, but the sharpness/tackiness, does seem to wear a little over time. Even when worn though, I find it still offers a better better grip than the factory finish.

3. BearArms_Bracelets

BearArms_Bracelets

thank you for this input. I do prefer as you said that "cat tongue" like feel. It just feels more grippy to me for some reason, just thinking maybe stippling offered better longevity. But I think touch ups to stippled frames would be a more cost effective alternative then to keep forking over for a entire new frame all together for me. thanks for that info again!

4. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

How important to you are matching serial numbers? To some folks it doesn't matter a bit. It is a pet peeve of mine from my collector days. Guess it wouldn't be such a big deal on a used Glock.

5. BearArms_Bracelets

BearArms_Bracelets

ahhhhhhhh, thats a very good point, completely slipped my mind. I would like to have all the numbers stay matching indeed!