close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

stipple question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by jordankaden, Mar 15, 2012.

1. jordankaden

jordankaden

I just completed a grip reduction on my G20, besides the tip of the soldering iron what are some different ways to achieve a different pattern?

2. Genin

Genin 19k & 11b

I did mine by diong a mix of how I used the tip of the iron. Sometimes I go straight down, sometimes at an angle, and sometimes I do very tiny swipes. In the end it makes a nice sandpaper feel.

3. roadkill46

roadkill46

draw your pattern on the frame with a pencil first. you can get so good ideas besides the basic stipple everyone uses. i have a tear drop on my 19 with the pointy end of the drop at the slide release then 'dripping' downward and circling round the glock stamp then back up. works good for grip and is different. there is another guy on here that does logos by stippling, search for him, don't remember his name. sharpen the point of your iron and then practice on a piece of plastic similar in thickness to the frame to see how deep/shallow you have to go. does not take long to figure out the pressure. i use that POS mag loader they come with to practice on first. my .02 and i stipple all my plastic guns.

4. jordankaden

jordankaden