Still waiting for Marietta

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Ghost361, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Ghost361

Ghost361

Seems like it has been a while since Marietta. Just waiting for those finals.

2. notasccrmom

notasccrmom Guest

3. Terminator

Terminator

We must be patient considering that last weekend was a double match weekend. The GSSF crew is doing a great job with few resources.

4. Mrs. L.

Mrs. L.

Amen, Terminator! I'm not in a hurry to see how bad I was:upeyes:

Nice spending time with you and Paula again...see you later :wavey:

Kaye

5. dking1

dking1

Good things come to those who wait...but man the suspense is killing me. You'd think with age would come patience...guess that's why my wife says I'm like a 5 yr old.:supergrin:

I just can't wait for Brighton's match.

6. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Me too! :supergrin: Bunch of us are doing Lewis & Glock Expedition III again this year, and Brighton then Hallsville has become the preferred order.

FYI: I note that the version of the prelims was updated again today around 1100. Portent of things to come...? Remember Santa always comes after you've fallen asleep. ;)

:patriot:

7. dking1

dking1

Yeah, but at least I know which month he's coming...:rofl:

8. Ghost361

Ghost361

:rofl: :wave:

9. Ghost361

Ghost361

Santa ditched me again. Didn't bring those Marietta finals like I had asked for. :crying:

10. KY23

KY23 GSSF IDPA

This one is taking alittle longer than usual isn't it? Wonder whats up.

11. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

Three matches over the last two weekends, mostly.

At present Scott is the only one in GSSF who is trained in how to do the final results. Chris and Cindy did Colorado while Scott and Mark did Pennsylvania. Then, Scott had only one day in the office which was spent getting the Pennsylvania preliminary results together and up before taking the rest of the week off to return home for a wedding in his family. At the same time Chris and Cindy were off doing the match in California.

Ohio finals, as well as others since, should not be too much longer but the day off for Labor Day is not going to help much in this regard.

Then, next weekend after Labor Day will be Washington followed by Michigan AND Missouri simultaneously.

Lots of frequent flyer miles there.

NOT a lot of office time to process match results.

It is going to get worse before it gets better.

:sad:

12. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

We can wait. I wonder how Oakdale got done through all of this which was the same weekend as Marietta? Oh well, I'm like a kid at Christmas. I did poorly, but, hey, I might win a prize anyway. God grant me patience, but hurry! GSSF staff my hats are off to you. I don't know how you manage to do it, but you do great work in a little bit of people and no time!

13. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

There were also zero admin issues with the Oakdale match if I recall the first set of prelims.

:patriot:

14. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

Yup, thats a big one. Everytime someone finds and calls in a correction, the prelims have to be redone and reposted so everyone can again review the corrected prelims.

That adds time to the span between the prelims and the finals. Every new mistake found and corrected adds time.

The LONGER everyone takes to look over the results and report them, the longer it takes between the prelims and finals.

The finals are issued once the prelims have "settled down" (no one has reported any new corrections for a while) AND Scott is in the office AND has enough time to do the finals AND is not kept from doing so by tasks that have a more immediate priority. For instance, shipping targets, pasters, scoresheets, and what not for upcoming matches.

It does little good to get attaboys by having gotten a set of finals out only to find out a weekend or two later that targets didn't arrive at the Range in time for the next match because you took the time to do those finals before you shipped the targets!

The demands of upcoming matches must ALWAYS take priority over finishing up the administrative details of past matches. Especially when new matches come so close together, one after another after another.

:sad:

15. Ghost361

Ghost361

Well, the big guy drove by and posted the Marietta finals. Rudolph is just getting too old to drag the sleigh. Takes him a little longer than usual. LOL Congrats to everyone.