Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've lurked here a while for info and after much deliberation purchased a Glock 26 for CCW. I've fired about 200 rounds so far and the only complaint I have is with the mag release button. It works easily when I push with my weak side hands thumb but I can't get it to release with my strong hand thumb while holding in a firing grip. I have to rotate my right hand on the grip toward my weak side so that the lower pad of the thumb has leverage before I can get the mag to drop. Of course, that's no big deal in most circumstances but is a big problem when attempting a tactical reload.

The release is not as stiff as when the gun was brand new so I'm wondering if this problem will go away as I put more rounds through it.

Any thoughts?

--glocknvegas

·
Polymer Butcher
8,097 Posts
Something you might be doing because I did it as well with my first glock a G30Sf, is you might be covering up where the opposite side of the release comes out from the frame when depressing it keeping it from releasing the mag. Check that out, if not just use it more and it will break in. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
80 Posts
It is just tough for me to get the right angle w/my arthritic hands and
this isnt the first complaint I have heard about it ...... I am fairly new
to Glocks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts