Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Mas,

I've been reading your articles for years. I read something here that brought up a serious question. Should a shooter pick one fire control system, and stick to it? This would mean using only precocked striker fired (IE Glock), hammer fired DA/SA, DAO, SAO, etc.. When someone finds a preferred platform, should they train with and carry only that?

I could see (and have read about) an issue where a shooter who shoots multiple fire control systems could get confused at a moment of high stress in a self defense shooting, and incorrectly operate the weapon he happened to be carrying at that moment. This could mean not deactivating a safety, not being prepared for the right trigger stroke for a particular gun, and, especially, not properly safeing the gun after shooting.

You've talked about how you switch between carry gun types occasionally. Do you worry about this?

Note: this is a separate issue from which fire control system to use.

·
KoolAidAntidote
5,928 Posts
For most people, "Bianchi's Law" (same gun, same holster, same place, all the time) makes huge sense. Those of us whose job has us constantly changing guns (due to responsibilities for testing different firearms and holsters, teaching people who use different platforms, etc.) get away with it because those same jobs require constant gun handling and demonstration, which quickly rehabituates us to the platform of the day. That's an unusual situation which does not reflect daily life for most people.

best,
Mas

1 - 2 of 2 Posts