Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Private side
11,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone own one? Owned one and said it wasn’t worth it? Done research and want one? That’s a chunk of change for the gun.
Found one on the used market, in a local low income area pawn shop no less and might pick it up if I can get the price down and it has a good rep. searching here and YouTube, etc... everything seems to be a couple of years old. How has it held up since 2017/18 if you have one. 9mm specifically.

·
Premium Member
42,134 Posts
I’ve wanted one for awhile now. I’ve reviewed the crap out of them. Talked to a few that own them. I just haven’t gotten around to buying one. For me, it would be a range gun, a gun shooter. I’ve seen a few on the used market, just was bad timing. Maybe someday......

·
Private side
11,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve wanted one for awhile now. I’ve reviewed the crap out of them. Talked to a few that own them. I just haven’t gotten around to buying one. For me, it would be a range gun, a gun shooter. I’ve seen a few on the used market, just was bad timing. Maybe someday......
What’s The prices you’ve seen on used market?

·
Premium Member
42,134 Posts
I’ve seen a few sell between $3100-3300

·
Registered
224 Posts
I had an STI Staccato C. Less than a year old. Beautiful to look at. Functioned perfectly. Shoots like a dream. Nicest firearm I’ve ever had.

I traded it for two new guns. It turned out that I didnt want to shoot it much, but would rather admire it. Seldom if ever carried it. It was just too nice, in my mind, to use.

I dont need or want that. I want a gun to be a tool and useful and not be afraid that I might scratch it. So now I’m back to the more common tools and so far... happy. I miss the beauty of the STI, but I also like to use my stuff.

·
Private side
11,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ve seen a few sell between $3100-3300
Used? I went ahead and bought this one as it is half the prices you described.
One 17 rd, one 20 rd. Soft case inside presentation (?) box inside advertising sleeve. Has a handful of doodads in the soft case. Lube, empty chamber flag and what looks like a dovetail mount red dot plate.
Inside of mag funnel shows it has a few mag changes but it looks pretty good. This is my first STI since a single stack .40 from way back.

·
Private side
11,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had an STI Staccato C. Less than a year old. Beautiful to look at. Functioned perfectly. Shoots like a dream. Nicest firearm I’ve ever had.

I traded it for two new guns. It turned out that I didnt want to shoot it much, but would rather admire it. Seldom if ever carried it. It was just too nice, in my mind, to use.

I dont need or want that. I want a gun to be a tool and useful and not be afraid that I might scratch it. So now I’m back to the more common tools and so far... happy. I miss the beauty of the STI, but I also like to use my stuff.
I’ve started lowering my quantity of guns and upping quality (so to speak). I won’t get rid of all my Glocks but I was up to 26 at one point. I’ll see if I can find a holster for this one and give it a trial run; test weight and wearability, etc... if it is comfortable enough, I’ll use it.

·
Premium Member
42,134 Posts
Wow....at half the price of the lightly used ones I’ve seen sell? I’d have been all over that as well.

I only got up to 14 Glocks before I started in with 1911s. Down to four Glocks, up to eight 1911s now.

as I learned from Bac, quality trumps quantity

·
Private side
11,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow....at half the price of the lightly used ones I’ve seen sell? I’d have been all over that as well.

I only got up to 14 Glocks before I started in with 1911s. Down to four Glocks, up to eight 1911s now.

as I learned from Bac, quality trumps quantity
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reactions: pgg00

·
Premium Member
42,134 Posts
Wow.....I’m so jealous.

a wonderful pickup

·
Private side
11,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Best trigger I’ve ever pulled. Recoil noticeably reduced.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts