close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Steyr Pistols

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Poodle, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Poodle

Poodle

Has anyone tried the Steyr pistols?

2. KosherNRA

KosherNRA DJ Jazzy Jew

i'd like to know as well...almost picked one up that was glock-like a while back...but passed

3. jimbullet

jimbullet

Interested myself but I just read somewhere that the sights, though unique was not quite impressive to make an accurate shot unlike the standard post or the fiber optic style...This is the triangle type sights that are offered standard.

4. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Notorious

Maganda naman, nice grip, doesn't kick too hard (tried the 9mm)

My friend had to have a holster ordered overseas though.

5. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

These pistols are somewhat meant to be an improvement on the Glocks. Nice ergo and pointability is way better than the Glocks (I'm accustomed to 1911s now). Would definitely need a little getting used to the triangular type sights. Only thing I don't like is the scarcity of magazines and other parts. Price is a bit attractive too.

6. HEAVY

HEAVY "Verify!"

i came this close to buying a steyr m9a1 last gunshow. the only deterrent is the apparent scarcity of peripherals.

i've heard quite a bit of good things about it, though.

wsc is the official dealer, i believe.

7. theTactician

theTactician

yes, i've tried two steyr pistols here in the u.s. One is a steyr m40a1 (40 cal) and the other is an m357a1 (357 caliber). I find the steyrs pretty cool in their design so much so that i call them "space guns" coz they do look like guns from a sci-fi film. regarding the sights, since im a glock fan, im used to the three dot sights and im still getting used to the trapezoid or triangular sights of the steyrs. they say that these trapezoid sights is very good for quick acquisitions where you just point the larger triangle front sight without aligning it to the rear sights, and the gun shoots accurately. i tried it and so far im still not that convinced. normally, i would use the front sight as my guide and the rear sights should be aligned with the front sight, right?
    But these guns shoot very well. For me, between the 40 cal and 357 cal, the 357 cal steyr shoots better than the 40 in terms of accuracy. The recoil is not that much so these guns have pretty much good handling. Im thinking of getting one actually. I have a glock 23 mariner, an HK USP 9 and an m16a2 rifle in the philippines and i wanna try something different here in the u.s.
    so probably, i'll get a steyr pistol
    :) just my 2 cents

8. toxic

toxic

deenoh,
    any comment on the parts and accs. im eyeing one myself.

9. neviv

neviv

Valor1 is right. I have M40 A1

10. deenoh

deenoh

Spare parts and magazines madami kami, its not an issue. As for the holsters, konti palang ang manufacturers sa States. We'll probably import the holsters soon.

11. HEAVY

HEAVY "Verify!"

do you have tghe new extractors na, sir dino?

12. deenoh

deenoh

Yup, we have the new extractors for the M-A1 models

13. theTactician

theTactician

i believe that its not actually an improved version of the glock pistol but rather its a new design by steyr. From what i know, correct me if im mistaken, the original designer of the steyr pistol used to work for gaston glock but then his ideas werent accepted by Gaston himself and so steyr mannlicher bought his ideas and he was hired and henceforth developed the m series steyr pistol. the m and s series of the steyr pistol are no longer in production. but, they
    designed a newer, enhanced version called the m-a1 series which is now available in the market today.
    These steyr pistols are somewhat similar in design with smith and wesson's KPD pistol and S&W's sigma series. looks the same right?
    anyway, so technically, i dont believe that its an improved version of the glock. not that im biased, or anything but for me, glocks are unique in every way and i've always been a big fan.
    hehehe. just my 2 cents man.:)