close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stewardesses

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by DanaT, Apr 6, 2012.

1. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

I am questioning what is wrong.

On the train from Basel to Frankfurt a.M. The Stewaress on the train is young, cute, freindly, smiles. She is concenered that the food is good (it was actually quite good and a lot of food). They make a little bit in tips (but not much since tipping is not common in Germany).

This train ticket cost me 61 Euros and the food and drink were 12 euros.

Now, lets compare that with the service I will have on an 8.5 hour flight from FRA to IAD.

I suspect I will have cranky old stewardesses that are agitated that they are expected to bring food and drink. And I doubt the food will be 50% as good or much. If the Stewardesses (flight crews) on airplanes were as pleasant as the ones on the train, travel maybe wouldn't be so bad.j

Ooopsss..second round of complimentary candy bars just came by...time to get chocolate all over.

-Dana

2. Psychman

Psychman NRA Life Member

If you call them stewardesses to their faces they will be sure to be cranky.

3. JJohnson

JJohnson Call me Jeff

Air travel used to be a privilege for business and the wealthy. Once people started regularly wearing pj's on flights, it was a signal that those days were over. Americans now want the fastest and cheapest way to get from point A to point B, nothing more, nothing less. Not that there is anything wrong with that, times simply change.

4. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

I generally like the fastest way between point a and point b, but not the cheapest. Sometimes I will take a slower way for more comfort.

-Dana

5. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Its better than...

"Yo woman. Bring me a beer"????

-Dana

6. Glock13

Glock13

I met Deltalina in a Starbucks in the Atlanta airport. She is all you ever need to know about female flight attendants.

7. tarpleyg

tarpleyg

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

8. Mrs. VR

Mrs. VR Sharon, you will be missed.

I got yelled at once by a male flight attendant when I referred to the female one as a stewardess. :upeyes:

9. Mrs. VR

Mrs. VR Sharon, you will be missed.

The first time I ever flew was around 1982-3 and my mom wouldn't let me wear jeans on the plane! Times definitely change. Otoh, casual dress doesn't have to equal bad service. Anyone who chooses to work with the public in any capacity should actually WANT to, or at least give a good impression of doing so!

10. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

It's probably because he was upset that you didn't call him a stewardess (or princess). At least it's pretty obvious with 90% of male stewards that I have seen...

Dana

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

11. RedTop

RedTop

Yes, but can she speak Jive?

12. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Sprinkle some fairy dust on him.

13. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

flying has definitely become a wal mart experience

14. Deployment Solu

Deployment Solu Kydex Crafter

I usually DRIVE. Even if it is 1100+ miles. I don't need to rent a car when I get there, the gas costs me about the same as a ticket, AND I can carry all my toys safely!!!! Not to mention I can deprive the (already depraved) TSA agents out of the pleasure of rummaging through my suitcase and my guns.

Yeah, I may lose a day, but I am worth it!!!!

15. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

+1

I was boarding for flight and watched a fat guy in sandals, sweat pants and a stained t-shirt stuff his trash bag full of stuff into the overhead bin.

This is what you get when its cheaper to fly, than it is to take a Greyhound bus or a train.

16. Averageman

Averageman

Air travel used to be a privilege for business and the wealthy. Once people started regularly wearing pj's on flights, it was a signal that those days were over. Americans now want the fastest and cheapest way to get from point A to point B, nothing more, nothing less. Not that there is anything wrong with that, times simply change.
    Some of this is about the number of carriers. When their were three major Airlines in the U.S. the service with the highest level of customer service was the winner.
    Now when I travel for business I know I'm not going to get good service, so I go for comfort. Pack the business clothes and dress like you want to get through the TSA screeners fast.
    I will say there is still good service out there, just not as much as it used to be.

17. raven11

raven11

I bet he didn't even get searched by TSA, they seem to go after military in uniform and college girls at ORD

18. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Its primarily due to 3 things:

1. Reagen de-regulated airline fares.

2. Inflation.

3. Unions

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  19. fwm

fwm

Just read an article in the Science News that explained why food on a plane taste terrible.

The altitude shuts down taste buds. Once you reach a cabin altitude of about 8,000' your taste buds don't work properly and food all seems to taste like cardboard. Not the airlines fault. And no open flames allowed on a plane to re-heat food stored in coolers for hours, plus as the airplane cabin increases in altitude, the aroma of the food tends to be drawn off and dried out, leaving you sometimes having difficulty in even identifying what it is. Again, not the airlines fault.

20. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

The altitude thing is BS. When I go camping, it is between 9000 and 11000 feet. Food tastes awesome. Food tastes just as good in breckenridge as Denver.

I believe it's because they are reheatable meals.

I have actually had very good food on planes, just not often. One of the best meals I had was some carribean fish (John demsey or something like that) with a mango chutney.

I have also had roasted duck that was really good.

It's just not often. That it's good.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine