close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Steven Seagal accepts no-rules fight against Randy Couture

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by TBO, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arclight610

arclight610

You might be right...

"Oh no, I don't play by rules," he responded. "That's not how I fight.

2. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

Seagal just didn't want any witnesses around to see Couture stomp mudhole in his ass, that's all. :rofl:

3. F14Scott

F14Scott Luggage CLM

Does "no rules" mean small joint locks are allowed? If that's the case, Randy has a whole new world of Aiki jujitsu to learn. If Segal can get a hold of Randy's wrist or hand before he, himself, gets knocked out, it will be all over.

In college I went full steam against my instructor and he just dodged and batted my attacks until he got my wrist. Then, he tossed me around for a minute before making me jump onto my head and tap out.

4. ronin.45

ronin.45

This is just Seagal trying to keep his name in the MMA media. What possible reason would Couture have to accept a "no witnesses" fight? That stipulation was made to ensure that the fight didn't happen. Seagal has no interest in fighting for real. As for Seagal outshooting Couture, I wouldn't bet on it. Couture is a shooter too and Seagal never impressed me much. It annoys me that Silva and Machida keep this bozo around.

5. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

Try any of those 3 when I shoot in for a takedown...10:1 odds you end up on your back with me in a dominant position. That's exactly the kind of thinking that would cause Seagal to get his ass kicked.

6. countrygun

countrygun

I was "fortunate enough" to watch my 50 yr old 5'8" Sensei in a a real "Lets not disrespect the Dojo, we'll go outside" fight agains a 26 year-old 6'4" 3rd dan.

Old age and experience definitely beat youth and skill that day, very badly

7. OlliesRevenge

OlliesRevenge

Not...

No rules against collar bone or rib strikes I'm aware of... And I've never heard of one on those injuries stopping an MMA fight.

Anyway, MMA fighters can do all that too when there are truly no rules. Plus, you didn't mention the nastiest moves-- eye gouging, fish hooking, groin strikes, hair pulling, ear ripping...

MMA is as nasty as it can be while still allowing two dudes to fight another day.

That said... Couture will be able to dominate Seagal without even hurting him... With the same ease as wrestling and pinning his little sister on the ground.

8. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

I'll give Seagal his credit...he really is experienced (in his particular style of martial arts anyway) but he's so far out of his element against Couture it's ridiculous.

Bingo. You just posted a play-by-play of how that fight would go down.

9. bmoore

bmoore

We live and train for people like you. I can already picture working from side mount into full mount. Maybe a clock choke in side mount, now I cant decide.

10. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

Nah...assuming you're in MMA, you live and train for fighting others that are doing the same thing with the intent of beating you. When you get to be my age, you'll want to avoid living in areas where it is cold and damp a good part of the year. Just sayin'

11. Dan_ntx

Dan_ntx

I'll take Seagal...

He isn't unfamiliar with MMA, he certainly knows Randy Couture...so he must be bat #^%! crazy. It's hard to bet against crazy in a fight.

12. Annoyedgrunt

Annoyedgrunt Dry Heat my ASS

I hope Seagal isn't thinking of being Above The Law with this whole no witnesses thing...

If Seagal loses, could it be said that he will be Out For Justice against Randy?

Who knows? Randy might be On Deadly Ground, and find out that Seagal is Hard To Kill.

But if Randy makes sure that Seagal isn't Out Of Reach and goes Out For A Kill, then Seagal will be Half Past Dead.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  13. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

He's a 7-dan Aikido master, the first foreigner to attain such a level and the first to operate a dojo in Japan. He's still a major celebrity in Japan - he speaks fluent Japanese and I've seen him appear occasionally on Japanese variety and talk shows. His daughter is also a famous actress there, because he's her father.

He's 60 years old, and I agree with most everyone else here that this is just silly, but to say he was never any good?? Nope.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH6HtkySiCQ"]Steven Seagal - Master Of The Aikido - YouTube[/ame]

14. Dubble-Tapper

Dubble-Tapper

youve never seen a fight ended by a rib strike? i can name a few off the top.

15. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

Well, there's at least one fraud here :tbo:

Sent from the toe of my jack boot using Tapatalk 2

16. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

It's me! It's me!:rofl:

17. bmoore

bmoore

Im in MMA to protect myself at work and off duty, to make myself better at all aspects of self defense. Not medals and competition.

18. bmoore

bmoore

BEST ONE EVER!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=herSynqVN3M"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=herSynqVN3M[/ame]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  19. 427

If MMA people weren't so predictable and sloppy, I might take them seriously.

You have a wonderful imagination! :wavey:

20. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I'll bet that Segal would still outshoot Couture. I seem to recall that way back when Segal was hot on the silver screen, one of the gun mags did a feature on him and the custom guns that he owned. Somehow the name Tussey stood in my mind as one of Segal's custom gun builders.

They need to feature Segal in Expendables 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.