I order a A500 steel target, but finding a stand that is portable and doesn't end up costing twice what the target cost is tough, or at least is was for me. So, I set out to DIY one and it turned out so nice I thought I would share it. Now I searched the web and looked at hundreds of pictures, plans and read many threads on target stands. I wanted one that didn't sling a lot after the shot, was portable, reasonably light weight, easy to construct, made from parts obtained from a local hardware store, relatively inexpensive and durable. My main problem is, I haven't welded since high school (and that's been a long while ago) and even if I could remember how to weld, I don't have a welder, so welding was out. So here is what I ended up with. All parts were bought new and just under $40. Obviously if you had some odds and ins laying around, you could reduce the costs. I did choose galvanized over plain black pipe, because the fitting selection was larger at the store I was at. The galvanized was slightly more expensive (Approx $5 overall), but I couldn't find all the fittings I wanted in the plain black. Here is my parts list: 1/2"x12" Galv Nipple- 6 each 3/4"x48" Galv Nipple- 1 each 1/2"x6" Eyebolt with nut (I added another nut, 2 washers and a locking washer and cut half the eye off the eyebolt) 1/2"x1/2"x3/4" Galv Tee- 1 each 1/2" Galv Tee- 2 each 1/2" Glav Cap- 4 each 3/4" Galv Cap- 1 each So the base is 1/2" and I put a little JB Weld on the threads to really lock them in place, after initial fitting and testing. The upright is 3/4" and is just screwed into place, so that it can be removed for transportation and replaced when and if, it becomes shot up. I am sure that the eyebolt with have to be replaced at some time as well. I did wrap a piece of old bicycle inner tube around the post, where the bottom of the target swings back into it when shot, just to keep it from banging. The target that is on it, is a 12"x20"x3/8"thick, silhouette. I just got in from testing the stand and shot it 150 times with my G30 from about 15 yards away. Nice loud report when hit and stand was sturdy and stayed in place when shot. I have even though about replacing the top cap with a tee and hanging one small plate on each side of the silhouette, but that's a project for another day.