Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know whether the steel roll pins available in quantity and in various sizes from Brownell's can be substituted for the factory Glock lock-block and trigger housing pins? Below are the pin sizes available:
SPECS: Kit (and Refill Paks) includes: 192 total 1/16" (1.6mm) diameter pins; 180 total 5/64" (2mm) diameter pins; 144 total 3/32" (2.4mm) diameter pins; 96 total 1/8" (3.2mm) diameter pins; 144 total 5/32" (2mm) diameter pins; 36 total 3/16" (4.8mm) diameter pins; 36 total 7/32" (5.6mm) diameter pins; 24 total ¼" (6.3mm) diameter pins.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My opinion - DO NOT DO IT.

There is a good reason why Glock goes to the expense of machining dedicated steel pins for those applications. For one thing, roll pins are not round they depend on the housing for support. For another, they are not as strong as properly fit alloy pins. Want one more? I'll tell you anyway: roll pins are designed to be oversize. They probably will destroy the pin holes in the frame. The factory pins are cheap. Why risk it?

·
NRA Life Member
65,955 Posts
Given a choice between using a roll pin and having my Glock out of action until I could get a factory pin (probably 3-4 days) I would have the Glock out of action for a few days - better than permanent damage.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
A roll pin will not be able to replace the grooved trigger pin and secure the slide stop lever. The other stock pins stay in with friction and roll pins will give you no advantage in a polymer frame.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for your replies.The roll pins seemed like a good idea at the time. I appreciate your sharing your knowledge and setting me straight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts