Steel plate / practical shooting range near Cleveland????

Discussion in 'Ohio Glockers' started by CombatArmsUSAF, Aug 9, 2020.

1. CombatArmsUSAF

CombatArmsUSAF

My Dad bought his first gun this year and I’ve been taking him to the local indoor range to get him and my stepmom acquainted with safe firearm handling and shooting fundamentals.

I’d really like to take them to a range where we can practice reloads, malfunction drills, etc... and maybe get some gratifying instant feedback like knocking down steel plates. I believe that this type of training / shooting is where it’s at for developing true comfort in handling firearms.

We both live around Brunswick which is about 25 miles south of Cleveland. Does anyone know of any ranges that foster this type of shooting within an hours drive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. CombatArmsUSAF

CombatArmsUSAF

Bump

3. CombatArmsUSAF

CombatArmsUSAF

Anybody know of any ranges around here?

4. ronin.45

ronin.45

Greenport Tactical Association is a little over an hour south of you, but might be worth a look.
    Screenshot_20200822-150633.jpg

5. amd65

amd65

I belong to West Branch Rifle and Pistol club. They lost their range last year, and are currently building a new range in West Salem...not too far from Brunswick.
    Not sure if they are taking new members, you would have to contact them.
    The new range is barely open with a few lanes for pistols and 22lr rifles. Eventually, high power rifle ranges will be built.
    At the old range, they had practical pistol matches and high power rifle 100yd matches. I’m sure they will here too...eventually. The old range used to have steel plates to shoot, and a bowling pin stand.

6. CombatArmsUSAF

CombatArmsUSAF

Holy crap, I didn’t think I’d get any responses after this sat dormant for over 2 weeks. Thanks guys! I really appreciate it.

7. BB4xl

BB4xl

8. BB4xl

BB4xl

Tusco Rifle Pistol club is located near New Philadelphia/ Dover, Ohio. It is approx 2 hours away depending where in Cleveland you are. I am in N Royalton area and it takes me 1 and a 1/2 hours. 85 miles. They have a Steel plate shoot once a month. Non members are welcome. Also there are many other events that would benefit Your parents.
    http://www.tuscorifle.org/

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020