close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Steel GSSF targets? Center hits?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DistantTea, Feb 21, 2005.

1. DistantTea

DistantTea Monkey Vendor

I was watching one of CGR's videos where he shoots the G38... I knew the targets at the Gunny Challenge were steel but something freaked me out. Are those steel NRA D1 targets only activated with center 10 ring hits? Or can you hit them anywhere?

2. MarcD

MarcD

Scott from Glock/GSSF had those NRA D1 steel targets made for the Gunny Challenge, They fall only from a 10 ring hit. They will be using them for the side matches at GSSF matches in the future.

MarcD

3. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

The center plate was 8 inches and fell back on a hinge. Only center hits counted as zeros, a hit anywhere else was +1 second.

They are designed so the center falls with a hit but not when you hit the outside. Unfortunatley sometimes they would bounce, wiggle or fall with a hit on the outside or with a center hit they sometimes went down and bounced back up. Made it really hard to call your shots but everyone had to deal with it so it was fair.

If the back of the outer target had a layer of rubber, maybe 1/2 thick it would eliminate the bounce and wiggle problems.