Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I was interested in participating in a local steel challenge with a stock regular 10/22. Is there some way I can have an existing scope but a 45deg iron sight? Or is there a quick release mounts that work with a cheapy tasco scope?

Reason: I like the idea of having a dual purpose 10/22. I want to keep a cheapo scope on it, but have iron sights for competition.. I don't want to (un)screw the scope on/off for each purpose.

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
If you are talking about the real Steel Challenge, SCSA, and not a local steel match, you can run 2 sights in Open Division. If you are talking about a local steel match, you would have to ask the match director about the rules, if any.

However there is no advantage to running 2 sights in Steel Challenge anyway as the target distances are not greatly separated as in 3 Gun, where a rifle stage can be 5 yards to 400 yards...

https://scsa.org/

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
Cal, shoot a match first, and you will see why dual optics are not needed. There is not enough distance between the plates on any stage to warrant a transition of dots.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Everyone,

Do you have any recommendations for quick release scope mounts that would allow me to use a cheap 10/22 with a cheap scope on a weekend #1 to plink random sh1t in a pit, but then take off the scope on that same 10/22 and just use the iron sights for RFRI on weekend #2?

My ask is from a cheap arse perspective (me), not wanting to get build/buy a dedicated .22 rifle for gun games.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Greetings,

I was interested in participating in a local steel challenge with a stock regular 10/22. Is there some way I can have an existing scope but a 45deg iron sight? Or is there a quick release mounts that work with a cheapy tasco scope?

Reason: I like the idea of having a dual purpose 10/22. I want to keep a cheapo scope on it, but have iron sights for competition.. I don't want to (un)screw the scope on/off for each purpose.
Are see through rings available?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I guess the problem with swapping sight systems is that a solution that holds zero after removal and swapping isn't going to be cheap. You'd be better off getting a designated 10/22 with a Red Dot and Iron Sight mix, and leaving the Scoped one alone.

Everyone,

Do you have any recommendations for quick release scope mounts that would allow me to use a cheap 10/22 with a cheap scope on a weekend #1 to plink random sh1t in a pit, but then take off the scope on that same 10/22 and just use the iron sights for RFRI on weekend #2?

My ask is from a cheap arse perspective (me), not wanting to get build/buy a dedicated .22 rifle for gun games.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts