Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some web searches, there does not seem to be much of a consensus on the size of a SteathGear Ventcore holster. I am 5’11’, 190 lbs, and carry a G19. Smaller is nice, but I'm a little worried about proper weight distribution for all day comfort. Mini or Standard?

·
Banned
324 Posts
I had both for a G19 and very much preferred the Mini. The Standard is huge, and the Mini offered plenty of support. There was no difference in comfort for me, but the Mini was easier to remove/install. The biggest thing to watch out for is the spacing of the belt clips working with the belt loops on the pants you wear. With that in mind, I bought both. I got lucky and they both worked with the pants I normally wear, so I quickly sold the Standard.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had both for a G19 and very much preferred the Mini. The Standard is huge, and the Mini offered plenty of support. There was no difference in comfort for me, but the Mini was easier to remove/install. The biggest thing to watch out for is the spacing of the belt clips working with the belt loops on the pants you wear. With that in mind, I bought both. I got lucky and they both worked with the pants I normally wear, so I quickly sold the Standard.
thanks. is you weapon the G19 or equivalent compact size?

·
Banned
324 Posts
I still find the Mini to be kind of a pain to install/remove. I'm not sure exactly what the issue is. I think it may be a combination of it still being a little overly-wide, and the belt clips, which I do not like. Stealthgear should use countersunk belt clip holes and flush screws. Their screws not being flush adds a little to the install/remove difficulties, because the screws kind of snag the belt when installing the holster. I replaced my belt clips with Comp-Tac belt clips. You can also use the Comp-Tac V-clips (Velcro) with a Velcro-lined belt and have a tuckable IWB with belt clips that are pretty much invisible.

I actually find a Comp-Tac MTAC holster to be more comfortable to wear, and much easier to install/remove. For me, it is the perfect width.

The only reason I have a Stealthgear is because I wanted something waterproof for when I am carrying IWB and stand a chance of getting really wet. The leather backing on the Comp-Tac, as comfortable and durable as it is, is something I don't want to get soaked in water.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
20,564 Posts
I only have the full size, not the mini, but...it's a great holster. The only advantage, to me, of the narrow IWB holsters, is the ability to fit the holstered handgun into smaller places (drawers, quick safes, whatever). The wider set holsters tend to seem more stable.

As mentioned above, where the clips fall vs where your specific pant's beltloops are will make a difference, and that's totally variable

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have a standard for my 30 which is similar in size to the 19, I love it, a little on the big side though. I have a mini for my shield and a p238. I prefer the mini and I think it would support the 30 very well. Just try it, you can exchange it if it doesn't work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.