close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stay Safe My Friends

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Don At PC, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

I want to wish all our fellow GT'ers along the northeast who are fighting flood waters safety. I have been watching some of the news coverage and I know some of you are in a dangerous situations. We are thinking of you.

2. Noah Gladstone

Noah Gladstone

My cousin lives in the flood area in PA. She has been up for 36 hours straight working as an EMT. She is helping evacuate a hospital as I write this. All while her home has 3 feet of water in the basement.

3. jbeck

jbeck

I live in NE Philadelphia, not far from the Schuykill or the Delaware. Things are ok here so far, but they expect the Schuykill to crest sometime tomorrow. My house isn't in a potential flood zone unless things get really, really bad.

My family is praying for those that are not as fortunate, and for those emergency workers that are helping. We hope that they stay safe and that things return to normal quickly for them.

4. Joe Mc

Joe Mc

Thanks for your thoughts, I am safe but I am not that far from the Perkiom Creek which I saw today and saw several houses that are flooded out. I never saw the creek as high as it is, I can't even explain how high it is. One house was up to the second floor

5. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

But it seems the little get-your-shoes-wet creeks are the ones that do lots of the damage in towns.