close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Stay away from ajaxgrips.com

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by 45owner, Mar 4, 2001.

1. 45owner

45owner

I purchased a few items from Ajax grips online with my credit card. They said everything was in stock and I would recieve the items in 3 to 6 days. That was over six weeks ago and I just recieved them 2 days ago. I called and complained several times to find out where my items were and the guy that handles customer relations "Carl" kept telling me that they were sent out 4 days after my order came in. I checked with my credit card and found that I was charged for the items the day I ordered the stuff. They wouldn't give me a refund or anything, so I ended up paying interest on the items the whole time I was waiting on them. When I recieved the items I asked the UPS guy when they were sent to me and he showed me on their little computer thing that they carry that it wasn't sent out till 4 days ago. They were lying to me the whole time.

2. PaulTX

PaulTX Millennium Member

I've purchased a few things from Ajax, but it's aways been a a gun show. The guys manning their area aren't always real pleasant.

That's a real pet peeve of mine - lack of courtesy to a customer. So many vendors act like they are doing you a favor just to sell to you. I guess I come from the old school - I want the customer to know I'm happy he is doing business with me.

------------------
    NRA, IDPA, & GSSF

3. Guest

Sorry to hear you had problems. I have always had good luck with them.

I always say...you find out how good a vendor is when there are problems.

Doesn't sound like they handled it well.

------------------
    BigDawg #75
    Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.

[This message has been edited by OBIWAN (edited 03-05-2001).]

4. glock-to-it

glock-to-it

Thanks! for the info, I was about to make a purchase from them.

------------------
    Semper Fi
    NRA/GSSF

5. HiCap

HiCap Saved by grace Millennium Member

I bought some Trijicons from them a year ago and they were fast and dependable. Sorry to hear they lied to you, guess I'll look elsewhere in the future.

------------------
    Big Dawg #175

6. RaginCajun

RaginCajun

These people are either the biggest jerks on the planet, scam artists, have absouletly no idea what they are doing, or a combination of the former. I ordered two speedloaders, they shipped one and the other one was back ordered. The one I did get had the blister pack stapled to the cardboard backing. I called them on this and they said that is the way they ship from the factory. They said I could take it or leave it. Well, they can go kiss my skinny white a**. Do not send these people a dime.

Paul

7. Glocks and Garands

Glocks and Garands CLM

There may be a reason that Ajax Grips seems to be doing things differently. I have been told that the original owners sold the business within the past year. Maybe the new owners are trying to work out the kinks.

8. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

I have only seem them at shows. They were at Big Town today. Had a pretty good selection of pre-ban Glock magazines. They were kind of rude to me many years ago, and I kind a passed them by on a regular basis. But in the past couple of years, they have been nice. I talked to the one guy I see all the time this morning, and he was pleasant, even though I did not buy anything (I asked for something, but it was not in stock).

Don't know if the same folks who run the shows run the mail order business.

9. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

yeah, they don't seem to polite. i buy elsewhere as their prices are nothing to write home about.