close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Statistics on ADs and NDs on 1] pistols with safeties and 2] Glock pistols

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Poodle, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Poodle

Poodle

At the risk of beating a dead horse ... I recently came upon a thread on the relative merits (or lack of it) of Glocks not having a 'regular' safety like other semi-automatic handguns.

Please refer to

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=635445

Some of the "arguments pro Glock" may be valid but would seem to fall under the 'a priori' type of argumentation. There is nothing like factual data, i.e., comparative statistics on ADs and NDs resulting in injuries or deaths, to bolster the claims pro or con.

In short, DO WE HAVE COMPARATIVE STATISTICS ON THE PERCENTAGE OF INJURY OR DEATH THAT HAPPENED AS A RESULT OF ACCIDENTAL DISCHARGES OR NEGLIGENT DISCHARGES of FIREARMS WITH REGULAR SAFETIES on the one hand and GLOCK FIREARMS on the other hand?

By percentage, we mean the number of firearms of one classification involved in injuries or deaths due to ADs and NDs over the total number of such firearms. I think that there are more 1911 types than Glock types.

Just curious.

2. MR_BIG

MR_BIG

dipa ako nag kaka AD sa glocks, sa 1911 before, lalo na pag bagong kalikot trigger, minsan wala na syang slack...ayun..AD

3. foxyyy

foxyyy

haven't had an AD with my very first 1911..a Para P16-40..no pre-travel and a sub 1-lb. trigger pull ;)

used it competitively for 6 months now at that very light pull.

4. PSU_G34

PSU_G34 London Calling

I would be interested in the real numbers as well.

I don't mind not having a safety on a carry gun. It only clears its holster under controlled circumstances or if I am going to use it. I would prefer that my home defense gun have a safety since it gets handled much more often.

As soon as I get the Christmas bills paid off it's a 1911 or USP for the house gun.

5. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

I seriously doubt valid statistics for ND's exist.

6. MR_BIG

MR_BIG

sakin ngayon pinagawa kong 2+lbs, pagtakbo ko sa baka putok, lalo na pag walng slack

7. KevlarSix

KevlarSix Senior Member

I've had 3 ADs during my first years in carrying a 1911 and none with any other firearm.

8. jimbullet

jimbullet

+1 - doubt if we can actually get statistics on AD's. Glocks have longer trigger pull so I guess, that compensates and diminishes the probability of AD's. Other FA's like 1911 however have crisper triggers that may result to AD's but unlikely for a skilled shooter.

9. jasonub

jasonub

keep your finger out of the trigger para walang ND.