Glock Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
You mentioned that your daughter's ship "has never left dry dock." Most ships in dry dock are in Portsmouth, VA, across the Elizabeth River from Norfolk. Portsmouth in not a safe place to be at night, neither are parts of Norfolk for that matter. Whether she'll be in Norfolk or Portsmouth I strongly recommend that she make friends with sailors who own cars, if she does not have one herself. Most ships, bases provide bus service to/from local malls during daylight hours. Taxis are recommended at night time. Unless of course she has a car. Most likely she will make friends with sailors who share similar interests, and like sailors of years gone by - they always take care of each other.

I have lived in the Tidewater area for 20 years and retired from the Navy in 2001. I understand your concern for your daughter's safety. I have three girls 24, 22 & 19 with the two older ones on their own, and one son, 14. Let me know if there is anything else you'd like to know about the area.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.