Glock Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My best friend's ship is in drydock in Norfolk right now (he posts on this forum), and I spent a couple of weeks there when I outprocessed. Other than that I was lucky enough to avoid the place during my time in the Navy.

First of all, I would caution you that if her ship "has never left drydock," it probably will leave very soon.

Norfolk is a huge area, and there are a lot of bases strewn across the coast there. The small amount of time I spent there showed me that most of the Norfolk natives are un-friendly, if not openly hostile, towards military members. A large portion of the bases are surrounded by low-income areas, with higher than average crime.

I'll say this, if she's that young, she probably has a room on a berthing barge. And unless she's travelling away from the general Norfolk area, I'd advise her to stay there until she can afford to live in the nicer areas.

Regardless, good luck to her.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.