close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Statesville Match

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by ray 27, Feb 10, 2006.

1. ray 27

ray 27

I was at the FOP meeting tuesday night and the match was brought up. There was some friction in the past between the FOP and the group who ran the match. Last fall they talked about running it on their own, but at the time I did not think this would happen as these people don't run matches or have to many people interest in the match. I know Chris drove down to meet with them last fall to try to get it going. They seemed to have a problem with gssf and voted to not have a match. The range will be closed this fall, but they plan to build a new one in the area after land is sold. I can't rember when we didn't have a match there and now it seems we lost our only match in NC.

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Yep, my son-in-law and some friends and I have been attending the Statesville match from Florida for many years. It's a shame to waste such a beautiful area and a great match because of greed and personal reasons. Hope some other range near by picks it up and is a great success, I know we would attend.

3. Terminator

Terminator

At least i made one before it went away :(

4. jlpayne86

jlpayne86

tell me more about this match...?? i am a member at a private club in Charlotte and am curious what would it take to host such a match? and what to expect? space? I am always looking to orginize.
    thanks

5. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Log on to www.gssfonline.com , click on "Hot Topics" then scroll down to the bottom where you will find an application for being considered to hold a match. Hopefully here is the hot link. This can get you started. I would love to see one in the Charlotte area. I know several from Florida who would rush to attend and some may even volunteer to help if needed. My son-in-law and I were RO's for a half day at the first Lubbock match.

http://www.gssfonline.com/regforms/Application to Host.pdf

Don