states rolling back openings

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by callihan_44, Jul 2, 2020.

1. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

people are getting tested more often now so the numbers are going up however the deaths dont appear to be trending up...ive seen some local mom and pop restaurants folding up and the service industry taking a big hit... how is the outlook for the economy fall through winter? I think we are f_kd , states are running on tax dollar fumes so budgets are getting slashed and there is talk of another stimulus which honestly doesnt do much imo...are we just going to write off entire industries and pay these people to stay home for the long term?

B C and jr24 like this.
  2. Fracball

Fracball Authorized User

Big media and insulated politicians will continue collapsing the economy until it no longer amuses them. Their industries are not in danger of being shut-down and they're not facing pay/budget reductions nor furloughs. Big media gleefully promotes the case numbers as if they were deaths and the politicians overreact accordingly.

B C likes this.

3. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

And yet the economy is spiking back up, 2MM jobs created and unemployment is low again. How is obama gonna get/take credit for this! :steamed::steamed::steamed::steamed::steamed::steamed::steamed:

4. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

To be fair, 13.2% unemployment isn't low.

https://www.dol.gov/ui/data.pdf

KikoMonster likes this.
  5. syntaxerrorsix

People are testing positive more often and hospitals are reporting an influx of patients. The deaths will go up after the spike in infected people runs it's course.

6. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

You're right, 13.2 ain't great. I thought I had heard a smaller number on radio this morning. At least it's getting better.

syntaxerrorsix likes this.
  7. Gundude

Gundude

Or, because it's younger people getting infected, the death rate will go way down and we'll need another round of riots to distract us from the good news.

BobbyS and Bish1309 like this.
  8. syntaxerrorsix

That hasn't held true since the onset but sure.... maybe.

9. Gundude

Gundude

What hasn't held true? The death rate now is far lower than it was thought to be at the onset, and the demographics of new cases suggest it'll continue to decline. What hasn't held true?

10. syntaxerrorsix

That the younger kids will hold the death rate down. Would does hold true is that the younger kids spread it to elderly and then the elderly die.

11. bdcochran

bdcochran

I hope that the number will be that small or smaller. I had to go on the freeway this a.m. at rush hour. No problem for people doing 65 mph whereas it was bumper to bumper 6 months ago. Many small businesses are closed, but not as bad as 2008.

12. sciolist

sciolist On the Border

Falling sky continues to fall. More at 11.

faceplant, jmohme and Upgrayedd like this.
  13. bdcochran

bdcochran

No.
    1. In the published Chicago study, 80% of the deceased had two or more serious underlying conditions.
    2. We, as a society, have already written off people living in long term care with ANY medical conditions when we put 4,500 infected patients from hospitals into long term care like in NY State.
    3. We are not in it altogether and never have been. If your city mayor or state governor can do a daily press conference with a neat haircut and pressed suit or shirt and everything is shut down to the public, you are not in it together and never were.
    4. The expression is T.S. The experts guessed wrong on what is truly an epidemic. The choices were made in the absence of information. The road forward is clear. Sure, New Zealand has eradicated it - until international travel is allowed again. The "deferred" rents/evictions/tax returns/loan payments are coming to an end. When people are offered no down, 3 free monthly payments and 72 months to pay off a new car, I don't imagine anyone in that supply line - parts makers, union workers, big car companies, finance companies, and dealers putting up with another shut down.

14. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

The states will remain forever closed to regular Americans, and forever fully open to the antifa/blm anti-americans

15. B C

B C

Democrat big donors like Bezos of Amazon are doing very well. I'm sure more of the Dem donors are benefiting greatly from ****ing over small businesses.