State & Washington

Discussion in 'Indiana Glockers' started by Geeorge, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

I work nights so I don't drive around much during the day.But friday I had to go downtown and on the way back I went past State and Washington st. and on the north east corner (where the army surplus store was) there were all these mexican looking guys just standing there for what reason I don't know,.

Can someone fill a night worker in?:poke:

2. pistolman

pistolman Gun Junkie

Those would be the fine gentlemen that are there waiting for work. They find that here in Indianapolis it is quite easy to stand there and wait for someone to pull up looking for a few guys to perform manual labor. That way you don't have fill out those pesky legal documents for proper legal work in the great country that we call The United States of America.

3. fire1035

fire1035

You spelled it wrong. It's Manuel labor. :rofl:

4. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

It's good to know that they are just laborers,I was hoping that they weren't male hookers:rofl:

5. pistolman

pistolman Gun Junkie

I am sure they would be willing to do that too if that is what you were looking for. :animlol:

6. KSFreeman

KSFreeman Broken Member

Remember, the best looking hookers are always cops.:rofl:

7. R. Emmelman

R. Emmelman Tired Member

:alex: :outtahere:

8. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

And there's a boat load of cops just across the street:banana:

9. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

Not looking for any of either sex,I just hate being solicited at the stop lights by them:tongueout:

10. fire1035

fire1035

Back when I worked in that nasty s$%! hole they call fire control since I was low man I had to go for food every night (really it broke my heart to get out of there so the booger eaters had to do actual work). I would get propositioned almost every night at any intersection when I stopped for the light. It was always the biggest fattest nastiest women I had ever seen. :puking:

11. R. Emmelman

R. Emmelman Tired Member

Sure it was a woman? :pjmn:

12. rhino465

rhino465

I have never seen anyone that was obviously a prostitute in Indianapolis. Apparently I have avoided all the good parts of town!
    :supergrin:

13. boby

boby

Take a scenic cruise down east Washington right before it hits down town. Usually a few near the plasma center.

BTW don't ever goto that plasma center. I wanted to do my part to feel all warm and fuzzy inside so I took a trip down there. Wow the mopery was spectacular. I DID NOT fit in at all. I'm amazed I was not robbed. They would have met the business end of my weapon if so.

14. Snowman92D

Snowman92D

Years ago, before Our Man sjstill got married, he and I stopped in at a saloon at East Washington and Jefferson Street. It was called "Mary Alice's Place", IIRC. Steve has had a long-term weakness for honky-tonks of that stripe. This one flaw in his otherwise solid character caused him grief on more than one occasion, since he just couldn't seem to absorb the idea that if you lay down with dogs, you're apt to get up with fleas.

After a few beers, he struck up a conversation with a gal who, I swear, looked like she'd French-kissed a fan. It was like a scene from a Hunter Thompson book. Jukebox thumping in the background and ceiling fans lazily keeping the fog bank of cigarette smoke infused with enough oxygen to sustain (lower forms of) life. I overheard him ask this gal if she wanted to dance. Her response was to start to get up on the table, of course, which in retrospect shouldn't have surprized me.

He turned to me almost in a state of tears and said "I gotta have her!". I had to pinion his arms and bulldog him out of that dive. Not only to save his virtue, but to keep her from giving him a dose of "the gift that keeps on giving", if you get my drift. I was luckily in better shape in those days, and skilled at bringing out-of-control ruffians back under control. I always half-expected his current wife to thank me for saving him from a life of degradation, but she never has. I guess he, like all of us, has his secrets.

In any event...many's the young man who started on the downhill slide out on East Washington. Can't blame any of you from staying away from there.
    :drunk:

15. mpholic

mpholic

Not anymore

:eyebrow: :devildance: :tbo:

16. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

Ahhhh, beautiful E. Washington Street. I used to go there a lot for lunch at an old Mexican dive called El Sol. I suspect the health department had something to do with their demise, but I've never officially heard.

It is the only dining establishment I am aware of that had a stuffed donkey (either bad taxidermy or a really good fake... never was quite sure... and the burrito's had an odd equine-like undertone).

I am always amazed to read people getting picked up for solicitation in that area. Not my thing, but even if it was I've never seen anything worth slowing down for. Sometimes they are hideous enough to make me to drive faster!

17. KSFreeman

KSFreeman Broken Member

La Frontera is excellent on Washington. They have remodelled recently and cleaned the place up.

18. Snowman92D

Snowman92D

I'm starting to worry about revealing to you guys any sordid secrets about sjstill. Problem is, he's working days downtown in the bowels of the CC Building, so he won't see what I posted in this thread until much later today, if even then.

I can...uh...only hope that the rank-and-file denizens of this particular forum will simply gloss over this thread. Hate to have all and sundry knowing about his misspent early years. I know guys will be supportive of any youthful misjudgements on his part. He's a solid citizen and a first-rate rangemaster. :supergrin:

19. mpholic

mpholic

Don't worry the important people will never find out.

We'll (all his range officers) just use it for good natured ribbing.

We get so few opportunities to harrass him.

20. sjstill

sjstill Guest

The above delusional ramblings by Snowman92D were actually auto-biographical in nature. :laughabove:

I've never been in a dive called Mary Alice's Place in my life.

King's Country Club, maybe.....:tongueout: